What's new

Hello

GoldMember

Hello,

I am new to the board and relatively new to the whole emulation scene.

Anyway's. I've downloed Pj64 and everything, but I am having trouble with it. The only game I can get to work at a playable rate is Super Mario 64.

Is there anything I can do that will speed it up etc?

I'm sorry if you get a million posts like this every day, and I appear as a moron.

Thanks anyway.

Chris

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
first off we'll need you system specs and what plug-ins your using then maybe, just maybe we can help ya

OP
G

GoldMember

Okay:
Pentium III 800 Mhz
126 Mb Ram

Is that all you need to know?

And I don't think I'm using any plug-in's, I downloaded straight from the site and started using it.

2fast4u

u are using the standard plug-ins in that case. i'd say ur comp would need some more ram to get pj64 running fast enough. the cpu is fine. but u forgot to tell us the graphics card u r using, which could be very likely ur problem.

2fast4u

start button -> settings -> control panel -> system -> 'hardware'-tab -> device manager -> display adapters -> *tada*

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
not really unless you want to upgrade your video card, if you dont have alot of money go for a TNT card (should cost like $40 CND) or a GeForce/GeForce2 card, If you want to go all out get a GeForce4 ti card :)

OP
G

GoldMember

How much would one of those cost? Bearing in mind, I'm from the UK.

But before that, is there really *Nothing* I can do?

Allnatural

There is one thing you can do. Stick with the console. Games are generally guaranteed to work that way.

But I'm guessing all you really want is to play a bunch of free games.:innocent:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Y'know, there's also a GeForce4 MX400 card on the market. This is generally LOADS better than GeForce. And it's almost just as cheap as GeForce2 GTS. That one is the way to go I say! It isn't very expensive.

Eagle

aka Alshain
The GF4MX isn't any much better than the GF2MX. And GoldMember, be careful before buying one of these cards, make sure you can put it in your system. Most of them require AGP slots. If you have a Compaq or Gateway or another pre-built computer, it may not have the ability to upgrade. The only prebuilt computers I know of that can be upgraded are DELL computers.