What's new

Having Lots of Problems

Revolver

Hello, im fairly new to using Dolphin and im having several major issues with playing Mario Kart Double Dash.

Firstly im using the X64 version of Dolphin (beta 3), my spec is currently Vista Home Premium 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+ 2.6ghz, 2gb of Ram, and a GeForce 7600GT 256mb graphics card.

Anyhoo, when i try to load up Mario Kart dolphine tends to report a Visual C++ Runtime Error and terminates. I have tried to fiddle with the graphics plug-in and that doesn't help at all (and often causes the runtime error)

If i manage to get the game to work it shows the very beggining part of the intro where the guy on the cloud drops something then remains black?

I love MK-DD and i really wanna play it again - can anyone help?

Last edited:
OP
R

Revolver

I have tried that, cos depending on whether i use the dynarec and/or dual core settings the FPS can either be around 10fps or sometimes it rockets at around 110fps.

I think the main problem is the amount Dolphin crashes if i just try to access any of the configuration settings. Or is it just Mario Kart that has this problem - i dont have any other games as i sold my gamecube with all the games except mario kart.

BeD007

i don't know for mk i only have zelda tp, but i know that if you try to access the pad config while the game is running it crash, but for the graphic and sound config it's ok(for me) and yeah when a game start i have high fps to, but ingame it get down to 1.5 to 3, and sorry i can't help you more with this i'm new to this emulator to.

twiztidgamer

if its one thing i have noticed with Dolphin is that it behaves differantly on every machine... if it doesnt work.... keep messing with the settings and if you dont get it... then o well... ya know?....For now the best way to play Gcube games is with a Gcube... good thing is that you can get em' Dirt cheap!... MK:DD is probably the best game on the thing :)