What's new

Having a hard time....!

Downforce

Hey all,
I recently downloaded chankast,
I have all bios's,
and i have 2 .cdi files,
And i had the latest DAEMON Tools.

After reading through the chankast read-me/help files, it all seemed pretty easy.

I got the dreamcast bios working, formatted a memory card while i was preparing a .cdi file

Cut a long story short, it wasnt working, i got an "io" error?

So i browsed these forums, and realised i needed an earlier version of DAEMON Tools (3.29)

I now have daemon tools 3.29 installed.

I repeated what i had done before (mount image, etc etc.)

Then another error showed "can't read TOC from f:drive"

I read more, specifically the FAQ thread. This mentioned disabling custom ide controllers? which i followed the instructions, and was successful

I then installed the ASPI files it wanted me to install, done and done

...now the whole thing just crashes :yucky:

Any suggestions???

Thanks

Branz_mf

Those ASPI files you have installed might mess up the whole configuration on winxp (I don't think this is the case but this happened to me once).

Remove Daemon tools, and try using alcohol 120%.
With alcohol 120% you can choose which tecqnique to work with.

Are u having problem in mounting images??Or Everything seems to work fine and the whole process just stop all of sudden??

Last edited:
OP
D

Downforce

Well heres an unexpected update,

I deleted chankast, re-downloaded it

I tried to run Capcom vs SNK 2, and it crashed the first time, but worked the second time. (ran a tiny bit slow it think btw?)

I explored the settings, just too see if anything was different too last time

The CD-ROM plugin is not set to ASPI, like everything told me to do last time, its on the default.

So all this ASPI junk i did was a waste of time??? not good.

Btw when i try running SF3 Third strike, the dreamcast logo will show, then a black screen for 2 seconds. then itll crash.

is that common?

Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry, this seems to be the case with both files, it works...then it wont.. really annoying

Last edited:

Branz_mf

Downforce said:
Btw when i try running SF3 Third strike, the dreamcast logo will show, then a black screen for 2 seconds. then itll crash.

is that common?

HAH!! I recognize this problem, a daemon horrible bug? who knows??
You're not the only one having this problem. Try to remove the daemon and use the old version. I've already looked through the other forums and some ppl say it's a daemon bug.

OP
D

Downforce

Im not too certain

I was just playing it for a full 3minutes, decided to quit and retry, test its reliability...but its not opening anymore.

Capcom vs SNK 2 is now also having the same problem as SF3.

Im using 0.25 alpha, does this happen to anybody else? games not being stable?
Should i try a different version, or is this one ok?

Ill try downloading alcohol tomorrow, and see if its a daemon tool isssue

Ill get back to you all tomorrow

thanks for the help :bouncy:

Last edited: