What's new

Havin grahic issues with PJ64

badchip

on different roms im hvin graphic issues, on yoshi's story half the screen flickers when i walk, i tried reloading a different version of the same rom, same error, also n pokemon snap when its at the end and shows the photos i took, the are all the same wierd glitchy pattern and not the photos, also downloaded different versions, and other glitchs like that with different games, anything i can do to fix the graphics or isn it really the roms?:linux:

OP
B

badchip

also ive just read about plug ins, lide64 and glitch4, think that would fix my glitches? and if so where do i et them?

OP
B

badchip

Model: Acer Aspire 7735 Windows Vista
Graphics: Mobile intel 4 series express chip set family
Processor: Pentium dual core CPU T4200 @ 2.00GHZ 2.00GHZ
RAM: 4gb
System type: 64-bit operating system
Laptop

hope this helps

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
IIRC, both of these issues are known, although any Mobile Intel chip will probably make things worse. In any case, read the GameFAQ - also update your Project64 RDB file if you haven't done so.

OP
B

badchip

ur talking to a novice here, i have no clue how to do that, i have a basic idea, but u have to lay it in simple terms if u can plz

OP
B

badchip

ok ok, so far i downloaded glide64hq, i put the glide3x.dll file in PJ64 directory, and the glide 64.dll and glidehq.dll file in plugn files, i switched the plugin from jado to glidehq. it work but the raphic are slow, its like the game is in slow mo, then when i try to load another game it crashes sayng, the GFX has made n exception or something and asks to turn it back and continue, and it says it over and over, thats if it doesnt stay at a blank black screen. any ideas?

Alunalun

I'm pretty sure the fix for Pokemon Snap is, with Jabo's 3D8 1.6 video plugin, to go to options>configure graphics plugin>advanced and tick 'Copy framebuffer to RDRam'. This shows you the photos but you should turn it off when you don't need it because it can also slow down your system.

This advice is also on help>game FAQ>games>pocket monsters snap. This place is the first place you should look when you have a problem.

(I can't help with your other problems, but a titbit of info I have is that Glide64 needs more powerful graphics cards to run, perhaps yours isn't good enough.)

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
it work but the raphic are slow, its like the game is in slow mo, then when i try to load another game it crashes sayng, the GFX has made n exception or something and asks to turn it back and continue, and it says it over and over, thats if it doesnt stay at a blank black screen. any ideas?
Most likely has to do with the intel chip being too slow for Glide64/HQ. Like alunalun pointed out, you can get the PokeSnap pictures to show by using Jabo's Direct3D8, but it's only a temporary solution.

As for the RDB file, search the board. Download a new file and replace your old RDB file with the new one.

X-Fi6

Last edited:

Alunalun

I just downloaded Glide64 - it also says to put Glide64.ini in your plugins folder. You mentioned the other two files but not that one. I don't know if that matters?