What's new

harvest moon 64 speed issue

diceydawg

I've been playing the harvest moon 64 game and I've noticed that the game speeds faster than it really should be. I've played virtually every other HM game and I know the game clock is moving much faster than it should be. The FPS is always hovering around 60 (170 if i turn off limit) and I was wondering if there was anyway I can get around this

My specs are:

1.60 GHz 512 MB
Radeon X1300
80GB

thanks =] =]

Allnatural

try "sync game to audio" in the audio plugin
That shouldn't be used to slow the game down. Besides, if it's running at 60 it's already at the normal speed.

To the original poster: Is it just the game clock that seems to be fast? I'm not aware of any bugs that would cause a speedy clock. An in-game setting maybe? If the whole game seems a bit fast, then perhaps you're accustomed to the PAL version...

OP
D

diceydawg

yeh the fps isn't a problem i dont think. The in-game clock seems to be the prob. i saw another topic on this but it didn't really say much about it. Could be a in-game setting (I'll check) or it could be a hardware setting I have no idea.

OP
D

diceydawg

so I changed emulators to 1964 and lowered the frame rate to 50 and it seems its slower (and playable). :king: :king: :king:

OP
D

diceydawg

yeh but in the harvest moon 64 version the clock also moves when you dont move (at least in the emulators) which is unlike other versions (psx, gba, snes). When i had the fps at 60 it would only take around 15-20 secs for an hour to go by when i stand there which I thought at initially ws weird. But after slowing down fps it doesen't make a significant difference