What's new

Hardware limitation or gfx core bug ?

Squaresoft74

Pceripper
I'm getting those glitches on the characters sprites with Capcom vs Snk2.
Anyone know if that's because of my low Gfx card (Geforce2 Mx 32mb) or if it's a bug of the curent gfx core ?
I'm using the 56.72 drivers
I also tried the latest 61.40 drivers and/or the ZWrite options , but it won't fix it.
I saw shots from people with better cards without that gfx issue, so that's why i'm wondering.
cvsnk2.jpg

I don't have such problem with Capcom vs Snk
cvsnk1.jpg

Any idea ?

Kid A

Nevermind
I had the same problem as you. I solved turning off anti-aliasing in my graphic card configuration. Give it a try. ( sorry my english ) :p

Heinster

Squaresoft74 said:
I'm getting those glitches on the characters sprites with Capcom vs Snk2.
Anyone know if that's because of my low Gfx card (Geforce2 Mx 32mb) or if it's a bug of the curent gfx core ?
I'm using the 56.72 drivers
I also tried the latest 61.40 drivers and/or the ZWrite options , but it won't fix it.
Any idea ?

You got it to work on a geforce2 :smurf: ??????

OP
Squaresoft74

Squaresoft74

Pceripper
Thanks for the suggestions but turning off anti-aliasing or anisotropic filtering won't solve the problem here , i'll wait and see what happen with next versions :)

Heinster said:
You got it to work on a geforce2 :smurf: ??????
Well it works with mine :)

manboy

Kid A said:
I had the same problem as you. I solved turning off anti-aliasing in my graphic card configuration. Give it a try. ( sorry my english ) :p

Your english was perfect :p
At least in this post anyway :party:
Thanks for the tip :bouncy:

ParticleMan

I found a way to fix the character sprites problem with mvsc2. If you go into the 3d settings control panel (I have an ATI mobility Radeon 9000 using DNA drivers) there is a compatibility button - if you go into it and enable all the settings there, it seems to fix it (32 bit Z buffer, Error diffusion, Support DXT, and Alternate Pixel Center). I also have the AA and AF set to a minimum and on application preference. I hope this helps those of you with an ATI card. The jagginess of the sprites looks like ass, but what can you do.