What's new

half circle motions?

T-Kimura

the only game half circle motions seem to work in for me is sf3, wtf.. it wont work that well in mvc2 or cvs2. anyone know whats up or experience the same thing?

Trevor_NT

Not quite. At least in 0.2a, I can´t seem to get Chanka to register half circle motions done properly, i.e.: back, dwn-back, dwn, dwn-forward, forward.

However, if I simplify it to: back, down, forward, the move is executed normally.

I experimented this a lot with Rugal in CvS2, just try it with his moves, hcf+kick, hcb+punch and the Kaiser Wave.

Other motions, like fireball, dragon punch, double taps and such, work normally.

Incidentally, it´s the exact same issue Kawaks always had, at least in my computer. But not Nebula, NeoRage, or any other emulator.

Trevor_NT

While you are at it, check if you get the same problem in Kawaks, as I did.

Also, hasn´t anybody else noticed this issue with half circle motions? Can it possibly be some keyboard config issue?

Or people here aren´t really playing 2D fighting games? :p

mezkal

Man on a mission
It's more than likely to do with the way they poll the keyboard device. Many open source solutions don't allow a variety of key combos to be pressed together.

mezkal

Man on a mission
T-Kimura said:
yeah, i hate it.. they need to fix this.

=sarcasm mode enabled=

They do? Wow I didn't know you were running the Chanka Dev Team! (refered to as CDT from now on :p)

That's so cool :p

=sarcasm mode disabled=

Cheers,

Mezkal

OP
T

T-Kimura

i know they dont have to, but they should care about the ppl using the emu to some degree