What's new

haha

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I know this is old but i'll post some rebuttal on the points anyway for my own amusement.

1. Has your son asked you to change ISPs?

So what? I've changed ISP's before and not hacked, this isn't a sign of hacking - this is either a sign of bad service or something else... there isn't many ISPs that are "friendly" to hacking.

2. Are you finding programs on your computer that you don't remember installing?

The guy mentions comet cursor, so obviously he has no clue what a hacker even is as this software is spyware and any true hacker knows how to avoid such things. Plus the fact anyone even a child can install new software.

3. Has your child asked for new hardware?

That's a sign of hacking eh? Oh yes, Installing something to make my computer better automatically makes ME a hacker does it? well I must've hacked a lot then.

4. Does your child read hacking manuals?

Fair enough, maybe this is the first true "hacking" identifcation tip but I can read those too, people who are anti-hacking can read them to get insight into technologies which can help prevent it.

5. How much time does your child spend using the computer each day?

BS :p Anyone can use a computer for hours and hours apon end and use it for non hacking activities, playing games and stuff, the kids most likely trying to pick up chicks on yahoo chat.

6. Does your son use Quake?

Quake is a smegging game you moron, theres a big market for that, next question.

7. Is your son becoming argumentative and surly in his social behaviour?

All kids do this when they get to a certain age, its called Puberty, you might not have heard of it?

8. Is your son obsessed with "Lunix"?

Linux is an OS, a fairly secure OS... it is probably far easier to hack using windows so thats not a very good "Sign". by this point anyone not using a microsoft product is automatically a hacker.

9. Has your son radically changed his appearance?

Refer to question 7. plus most hackers are computer nerds who get picked on at school and don't dress like this.

10. Is your son struggling academically?

Have you considered that maybe your son is dare I say it, a complete idiot like yourself?

I encourage all parents to read through this guide carefully. Your child's future may depend upon it. Hacking is an illegal and dangerous activity, that may land your child in prison, and tear your family apart. It cannot be taken too seriously.

I encourage all parents who are this stupid to go kill themselves now rather than write more crap you know nothing about- thank you ;)

OP
M

mix

I know and the part about AMD and how they're "inferior" to Intel and that if your son asks for an AMD CPU then it's a sign for concern. I read hacking manuals though but just to increase my knolewdge of computers.

WhiteX

AMD is anti american?
Quake is a virtual world of hell?
Faster vid cards make hacking easier?
is this a bunch of crap?

OP
M

mix

WhiteX said:
AMD is anti american?
Quake is a virtual world of hell?
Faster vid cards make hacking easier?
is this a bunch of crap?

no
no
no
yes

xneoangel

Persona User
Having an AMD proccessor indicates you are a hacker?
This is complete crap i have an AMD proccessor, a lot of ppl have AMD proccessors for non hacking ends.

Quake a hacking comunity? holy crap then im an expert hacker. lol

That guy doesnt knows what hes talking about all he says is crap.

WhiteX

It is time to go open and honest, i´ve always had AMD processors and i hack, hack and slash!

Toasty

Sony battery
This had me laughing so hard. Until I saw the title "Internet Idiocy," I was seriously considering taking up hacking just to take this site off the 'net. :D

EDIT: Wait a minute - now I see a bunch of other articles with the same topic that seem genuinely sincere enough. Was this guy serious???

Last edited:

zorbid

AFAIK, and IIRC, this was first published on an extreme right web site, and it was published as if it was serious.

I don't know if the author wrote it as a satire, and then tested the said website, or if he was incredibly ignorant, though.

Jakob

evil *******
it was first posted as satire, only idiots ever took it seriously, as is bared out through this thread so far:p

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
Although that is a really old article, much of its rhetoric still holds true in the minds of idiot parents who seem to need something to bitch about. I was almost banned from computer use at my school because i was bored and decided to netstat my computer. Unbelievable.

OP
M

mix

tye stik said:
Although that is a really old article, much of its rhetoric still holds true in the minds of idiot parents who seem to need something to bitch about. I was almost banned from computer use at my school because i was bored and decided to netstat my computer. Unbelievable.

Yeah my mom has banned me from playing mostly all my FPS games it's really annoying. *hides UT2004 in a safe place*