What's new

Hacking CvS2 and other roms?

phantomflanf

Not someone else.
I was wondering if there's any way to hack eur-cvs2 (and other romsets) to change a few values. How do I search a romset to change values? Is there a good tool I could use?

Also: I seem to have recieved a message from an ignorant prat who thinks I'm someone else. Here's what he said: (over two years ago)

mezkal said:
You're either an annoying little kid or an old lonely guy. Either way you're still annoying. You've contributed exactly DICK to this project. You've registered under different names more than once (trust me I know) and you speak as if you have some authority over this project. You neither have any authority nor knowledge.

Why can't you just be happy that a loser like you has a new toy to play with rather than assuming you have some sway here. You have sway NOWHERE, least of all here. Just shut the fuck up.

Again, I have NEVER POSTED HERE UNDER ANOTHER NAME and I have no idea what I am supposed to have done. If users are permitted to send me this kind of message, what kind of board is this?

Edit: at present I'm using ArtMoney, without much luck - anyone know a better app?

:homestar:

Last edited:

Hiei-YYH

do you want to use the codes in original cheat device for dc? because using artmoney will not help you since you'll only find the emulator ram, not the original dc ram.

ps: isn't ROM, is ISO

Last edited:
OP
phantomflanf

phantomflanf

Not someone else.
Just the emulator, not the original. The first thing I'm trying to do is hack cvs2 so that one backdrop in particular is never selected if the game is randomly selecting backdrops. From there I hope to add my own backdrops, but that won't be easy.

There's only one cheat on the Net for cvs2, just an infinite time cheat. I've tried working backwards from the values in it but ArtMoney always finds far too many results when I scan, although it's a good prog for PC games.

Hiei-YYH

well, use the chakast 0.25 (Chankast Utilities) that comes with Gamebuster, you can use cheats with it

converting emulator ram to original dc is easy (at least for me) example: i found the address 01FF677C, and the original is 0121677C, then FF = 21, so do some converting XD i could help you if i had the game, but i have the ps2 one :p

OP
phantomflanf

phantomflanf

Not someone else.
well, use the chakast 0.25 (Chankast Utilities) that comes with Gamebuster, you can use cheats with it

I can't find new ones though, which is what I'm trying to do. BTW where's the place to go to download new cheats though? Or are there no new ones about?

I'm surprised some 1337 |¬@)(0|) who knows my name and IP address hasn't flamed me for posting on this board again, or made a sad comment about 'sway'.

Pavlik

phantomflanf said:

I can't find new ones though, which is what I'm trying to do. BTW where's the place to go to download new cheats though? Or are there no new ones about?

I'm surprised some 1337 |¬@)(0|) who knows my name and IP address hasn't flamed me for posting on this board again, or made a sad comment about 'sway'.
search forums for "chankastcheater" and dont more say for dc games like that because it not a rom. Its an ISO !!!!!!!!!!

OP
phantomflanf

phantomflanf

Not someone else.
Thanks for that, I've got the chankastcheater. I can't distinguish which variable is the background in cvs2, although, that's my problem.

I wish the chankast source code would be released! Don't we all.

Pavlik

Agozer said:
No, it's a CD image. ISO is just one format.
whatever :) ISO is type of image but in countries that ppls speak other lang than english ISO i just an cd image :)