What's new

Gundam: Renpou vs Zeon DX (J) help

Shuzi

I've got the rom Gundam: Renpou vs Zeon DX (J) from somewhere, made it bootable, mounted the bootable image on daemon tools 3.29, got the DC BIOS, configured the control and drive settings of chankast, and got it finally running. However at the loading startup screen, i got this:

37771.jpg

I know it asks to press the start button, and of course I did (I've checked the button works on the dreamcast logo screen), but the whole thing just freezes and stay like that. I've tried chankast v0.2a and 0.25 but it all have the same results. Any help to make it working will be appreciated :) If you'll need any other info please do tell me. Many thanks.

gcnfan

I have Gundam: Renpou vs Zeon DX, and I can probably name a few answers with your problems.

1) Try using the latest version of Daemon or use Alcohol 120.
2) Or disable Alpha Zwrite on the video options before booting up the game.
3) Tell me if your bios is PAL (blue swirl on bios) or NTSC (red swirl on bios). If you have PAL, try getting and using NTSC.
4) Check and make sure your copy of the Gundam game isn't corrupt or bad.

That's all I can name, because mine's works perfectly for me (aka no crashes, almost perfect graphics). Hope one of these helps. :)

OP
S

Shuzi

Thanks for the suggestions, but it seems it still doesn't work normally.

2) Or disable Alpha Zwrite on the video options before booting up the game.
I've tried enabling and disabling it, but both don't work or have the same results

3) Tell me if your bios is PAL (blue swirl on bios) or NTSC (red swirl on bios). If you have PAL, try getting and using NTSC.
tried both

1) Try using the latest version of Daemon or use Alcohol 120.
well the latest version is even worse. When i run the game it gives me the i/o control errors. I've seen another topic of fixing that by using the aspi cdrom plugin, then it gives me a 'can't read TOC from f drive' (where I mounted the image to)

4) Check and make sure your copy of the Gundam game isn't corrupt or bad.
..Well after several attempts I've tried to keep pressing the start key and it skipped through that loading screen to the next screen. I guess it's a company logo, but then it freezes again. Sorry I can't provide the screenie as now I'm using daemon 3.46.
But from that I'm not sure if the file is corrupted or anything.

rcgamer

the old guy
yes. select the memory card you want to format and select delete all. then it will ask for you to choose what you want the memory icon to be and the color.

OP
S

Shuzi

Thanks for all the help guys. I've also tried the vms thinggy but the game will just freeze at some early point (not up to the main menu =3=) . Well I'm also thinking the ISO might be corrupted so I'll try another game and see.