What's new

GUI for Selfboot

OP
Ex0skelet0r

Ex0skelet0r

Unreal Assasin
Heinster it help you to create selfbootable games.just like the other tutorials (selfboot/fastboot/guickboot) but with a grafical user interface (GUI) buttons,commands,e.t.c. try it

Last edited:

Heinster

Tried it but it was mentioning I missed 1st_...bin or something like that what am I doing wrong... Am I mssing a file? (not asking where to get it)

OP
Ex0skelet0r

Ex0skelet0r

Unreal Assasin
what do you mean you missed that file?how do you know that?which mode are you trying to use and what you have done?

Heinster

In the folder of exoboot in data I only get binfiles and cue but no .cdi (TData01.bin) and in dos it says after it's done that it couldn't find the 1_blabla.bin(keep forgetting the name)

OP
Ex0skelet0r

Ex0skelet0r

Unreal Assasin
tell me exacly how you are trying to make an image.me and othe guys can make them succesfully.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Some games do not have 1st_read.bin as the file that boots the game, the name may be different (ex: some_thing.bin). The program does not know the name of this file so it doesn't create the image. Usually the name of this file is written in ip.bin (if ip.bin exists) or in another *.bin file.

Last edited:

Heinster

I choose image to bootable image(option2) then place the image I want to make selfbootable in the left box and in the rightbox I tell it where to place it(atleast that's what I think)

I choose make an image below(second from above) and click go/continue

It starts to work in msprompt, see it running to 100% and in the end after it is done it says couldnt find 1_boot.bin or something like that... Altough it doe state it is done and in data there are different cues and bins(with one of them +/-700mb)

OP
Ex0skelet0r

Ex0skelet0r

Unreal Assasin
psy man do you know all the other possible names of 1st_read.bin?heinster can you tell me all the .bin files that are inside the image? (for me,i have test the games: shenmue 2 disk1, mr driller, resident evil code veronica, silent scope in all the modes)
(your image file must be in the \ExoBoot folder..NOT in the \ExoBoot\Data folder)

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Ex0skelet0r said:
psy man do you know all the other possible names of 1st_read.bin?heinster can you tell me all the .bin files that are inside the image?
It's impossible to know any possible name, but if you open the ".bin" file that boots the game with a hex editor (or even a text editor) you'll find the sentanses "Lib Handle Start" and "Lib Handle End" placed somewhere in the beginning of the .bin file that boots the game.

Last edited:
OP
Ex0skelet0r

Ex0skelet0r

Unreal Assasin
i don't know if there is a way to modify my program to make those games bootable with only some clicks. :( .i will search a way.can you tell me some games with strange bin names?
heinster tell me the name of your game you're trying to make bootable.

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
A possible solution whould be to make the program "search" for these sentanses inside all the .bin files in the directory in order to find the .bin file that boots the game and then "patch" this file just like its name was "1st_read.bin" ;)

OP
Ex0skelet0r

Ex0skelet0r

Unreal Assasin
psyman if i made a program to search a 3mb bin file to find a sentence then..the program probably will crashit's not so easy

OP
Ex0skelet0r

Ex0skelet0r

Unreal Assasin
i know a way to make a code in visual basic to read each line from a file but i dont know if it could work in this case.i will try it.tell me games that have strange bin names.
Heinster: try to mount your image in a virtual device with your daemon tools and try again in method 1.Because maybe your cdi image it's not in the right format
I forgot to say: in the next release my program with see your free drive space to make the image or burn a cd and it will check if your cdi is in the right format

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
If I remember right one of the programs that fastboot includes (and so does Ex0boot) can find the name of the .bin file that boots the game (while you're creating the image, when fastboot asks you to give the name of the boot file), you may be able to use the info from this program instead of finding the name by yourself.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
It does but only if it finds ip.bin, so it's kinda useless because some games do not have an ip.bin file.