What's new

GTK2 GUI ver0.5 Bug?

mojo

Mupen64 0.5 runs on my Ubuntu Breezy with double status bar icon. Weird rite? Is it a bug?

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Which version of gtk2 do you have guys ? ySS, I don't have any of the two problems you reported (second one is http://www.emutalk.net/292337-post49.html)

It's been compiled for gtk2.6.x. I believe it should work with other versions of gtk2. Try to compile it yourself to see if it fixes it.

OP
mojo

mojo

GTK 2.8.2 I use here. I know it's unstable version but does it matter? the bug remains. I think it must be the code.

Last edited:

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
actually, i just discover the reason of the rombrowser directory list bug, i'll fix it.
I don't know what can cause the status bar issue yet...

OP
mojo

mojo

Hacktarux, what distro are u using now?
I think you might try to run Mupen64 on Debian based distro like Ubuntu. I and ySS all use Debian-based distros that might be the main case of this bug. Who know? Just give it a try.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Well, that little status bar bug isn't disturbing enough to force me installing another linux distro... i'm currently using gentoo.

rndmtask

I'm also using gentoo and I have the same problem.

The problem can be fixed by commenting out line 108 of main_gtk.h
{ "num_roms", -1, NULL },

I don't know if this will mess anything else up so far its been fine for me. I may look into fixing it to work like it looks like it should work if I have enough time.

OP
mojo

mojo

;) Confirmed! Fixed, Hacktarux, can you look through and confirm whether the fix does not affect other part of the program?