What's new

GTA Vice City PC Prob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone with my same videocard (if any) or someone has heard and knows how to solve it:
I cant see most of the time the pink beams, that you step into to start/end a mission and the ones that appear also in the boat/plane races, so, as a result, I've had to repeat some missions up to 10 times (the bikers club race, the mission where I have to save lance,...) just because i cant see the damn pink beam and the mission ends (i get killed or whatever), and the map is not much help as its inaccurate. The big problem is that im in the mission dildo doldo or somethin, where you get to drive that damn plane and I cant see the pink circles in the air, so I havent been able to complete the mission.
This is so frustrating as I have over 50% complete and I have wasted so much time in this damn game for everything to get stuck because of a bad videocard
Does anyone knows how to solve this prob (I have downloaded the vc patch, but it didnt solve it)

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Here's from their support site. And they said it's in the readme. In other words, change the game to 32bit color.

=====

I'm getting strange graphics glitches. I have an S3 Graphics Pro Savage video card.
The following information is also available in the GTA Vice City readme file.

"S3 Pro Savage, Savage 4 and Savage 2000 video cards: "We found these video cards have missing texture problems in 16 bit color which are cured in 32 bit color, so we suggest using these video cards in 32 bit color."

You can change these settings by entering the GTA Vice City Display Settings Menu from the "Options" screen.

=====

revl8er

That Damn Good
you need to buy another videocard. You can get a geforce 2 mx400 and play it without graphics errors.

About the Readme... I know a little more than just turning my damn PC on, so I have tried it, i used to play it in 16 bits but I got graphics corruption, now, since in 32 I dont have it anymore, but still have the problem I posted.
And Mystic Gohan, dont be a stupid retard, thats a really lame answer, If im posting here this problem is because I dont have the damn money for a new videocard, maybe you're rich and else, but im not, so next time give a clever answer or dont answer at all.

revl8er

That Damn Good
Mystic Gohan, dont be a stupid retard, thats a really lame answer

well excuse me for trying to help you out.

If im posting here this problem is because I dont have the damn money for a new videocard, maybe you're rich and else, but im not

You don't have to be rich to buy a geforce2 because it's only like $40 dollars on the internet. If you can't afford that then you just won't be able to play the game.

so next time give a clever answer or dont answer at all

That was about the best answer anyone could give you because your sorry gfx card wont support the game right.

Last edited:

Stezo2k

S-2K
David_Hayter said:
And Mystic Gohan, dont be a stupid retard, thats a really lame answer, If im posting here this problem is because I dont have the damn money for a new videocard, maybe you're rich and else, but im not, so next time give a clever answer or dont answer at all.

It isnt actually, i think its the most logical and easiest answer, jus get a new graphics card mate, like a radeon 9000 or higher

Trotterwatch

About the Readme... I know a little more than just turning my damn PC on, so I have tried it, i used to play it in 16 bits but I got graphics corruption, now, since in 32 I dont have it anymore, but still have the problem I posted.
And Mystic Gohan, dont be a stupid retard

Some advice, curb your attitude right now! I really hate people who reply in this manner, to what were both helpful posts.

Hyper19s

Banned
save some money. be a hustla and ask around
because you MUST have at least a geforce 2 mx
200 pci or agp whateva just go get it.

you need about $45.00 go to walmart man.
thats it

Thats maybe reality for you guys who live in US/Europe, down here in South America the situation is different and I cant afford a geforce 2 for unbelievable it seems for all of you. Besides I ask for help on HOW TO PLAY IT WITH MY CARD. Not for "buy another card" shit, if I had the money I would have bought the radeon 9800 or a geforce fx 5900, but it comes that they havent even arrived to my country.

Trotterwatch said:
Some advice, curb your attitude right now! I really hate people who reply in this manner, to what were both helpful posts.
And thats your idea of a helpful post?? "buy a new videocard" ... please

pandamoan

Banned
David_Hayter said:
And thats your idea of a helpful post?? "buy a new videocard" ... please

sorry bro, but the s3 is a severely outdated card. believe me i understand being broke, but i doubt there is a resolution for your problem short of getting a new vid card.

according to this: $23 would get you into game playing territory.

that's the best advice anyone can offer you dude!

http://www.pricewatch.com/1/37/2428-1.htm

Look I understand, a geforce 2 can bought online for a incredible low price, however, I do not have a credit card or something.

Curious Info : The Minimun salary (dont know how to say that in english)in my country is 73 dollars. And most ppl either win than ammount of money or are unemployed. Im a collegue student. While in US, you can win 300 per day by cleaning baths, so, thinking that situation in U.S or Europe is like here in South America is like knowing nothing bout nothing.

Besides, I was not looking for a videocard advice, I know my videocard SUCKS like hell, I know my Athlon XP 2200 may seem like crap for most of you 3200 users, but what can I do, Im poor, period.

I was looking for someone who would tell me "hey, I/pal o mine had the same prob, and solved it this way...", if you mum has cancer and go to a doctor, do you expect him to tell you "oh, change her for another one".

END OF THREAD
31-11-2003 1:30 am.

pd: I said END OF THREAD.

pandamoan

Banned
David_Hayter said:
Curious Info : The Minimun salary (dont know how to say that in english)in my country is 73 dollars. And most ppl either win than ammount of money or are unemployed. Im a collegue student. While in US, you can win 300 per day by cleaning baths, so, thinking that situation in U.S or Europe is like here in South America is like knowing nothing bout nothing.

actually, i know not one bath scrubber that makes $300 a day, but yes the economies are radically different, and just because i didn't give you my dissertation on the GNP of say brazil vs. USA doesn't mean i don't know that.

David_Hayter said:
Besides, I was not looking for a videocard advice, I know my videocard SUCKS like hell, I know my Athlon XP 2200 may seem like crap for most of you 3200 users, but what can I do, Im poor, period.

an athlon xp 2200 can currently do any task that i think pcs are currently capable of at a fairly decent framerate afaik. i only have an athlon 1700 myself. that system sounds better than fine in my opinion.

David_Hayter said:
I was looking for someone who would tell me "hey, I/pal o mine had the same prob, and solved it this way...", if you mum has cancer and go to a doctor, do you expect him to tell you "oh, change her for another one".

i understand what you were looking for, i was trying to point you to the most realistic scenario *i* was aware of that could solve your dilemma.

and don't go ending threads if you're not a mod. ;)

there's no reason to get upset, everyone here was merely trying to help you. I'm sorry that you did not find a solution to your problem that was acceptable to you, however, that was hardly everyone here's fault as they were very quick to offer you the best solutions possible.

thanks!

bryantonline

Old School 1964
Get a job, get a Credit Card, or Check, and buy your crap, otherwise, don't ask questions about playing something that will not work with your Graphics Card! Also, don't begrudge people that are trying to help you. The cursing and calling people retards is rude, and I am sure noone wants to help you out now.

bryantonline

Old School 1964
Flaming!

Get a job, get a Credit Card, or Check, and buy your crap, otherwise, don't ask questions about playing something that will not work on your Graphics Card! Also, don't begrudge people that are trying to help you. The cursing and calling retards is rude, and I am sure noone wants to help you out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.