What's new

Graphics problem

sonofaphish

spacing out
alrighty, so a buddy of mine reports to me with a problem with his emulator. He needs my help, and i cannot help him (cus i dont know this stuff well enough, but im sure with a while more with you guys i could learn from the best XD ). this friend tells me he has a problem with the graphics, he says that when he goes to start Super Mario on PJ64 1.6 that the title screen works, but "it sucks" and when i goes to the part where it should be mario's head at the "push start" place, nothing is there... he told me that he has full audio, and he can hear what is going on, but cannot see anything. he then goes on to describe how if he pushes start, the thing crashes. he says that when he tries playing on 1.5, which had been working for him before, it closes with an "illegal operation"
his video card is brand new (and for some crazy reason i believe the source of his problem, i mean, the problems started with his video upgrade...) NvidiaFX5200 ... his OS is win98

yeah, also... (personal problem) what the hell does it mean when it says "evoodoo cannot set cooperative level" when running the glide64 plugin?

Last edited:

snesmaster40

Hm... it sounds like your friends graphics card, can you post the full specs of his computer? Oh and he has got the latest drivers right?

OP
sonofaphish

sonofaphish

spacing out
the specs for this friends system have been given to me as follows
video: "NVidia FX5200"
CPU: AMD K6 " It would be the equivilant of a Pentium II and a half "
RAM: 128 Mb "128Mhz or something "

and he claims to have 4 Gbs free space on his 16 Gb harddisk

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
An AMD k6-2 is nowhere near enough to run Project64, that system would even have trouble running 1964. the emulator Corn may be his only option, it can run Mario 64 but nothing else, but it will run full-speed.

It seems like he's only upgraded the video card and nothing else, no, computers are not that simple to upgrade, you need to upgrade everything.

Last edited:
OP
sonofaphish

sonofaphish

spacing out
the thing that gets me is: he was running Zelda: OoT on it before he swapped video cards... I am plenty well aware that PCs are not THAT easy to upgrade, but damnit, he was running it just fine until the NVidia with that weak ass processor... and honestly less RAM...

blackshadowx

ummm , i downloaded the project 64 and i used zelda:eek:crenrenia of time and when i played it pretty much everything was white and the text was a little blurry i dont really know what to do and iam not a com. expert so could you help me out here?
thx

4real

blackshadowx said:
huh?
i have windows ME

This driver will work with 98/ME for the FX5200 card.

I think u need to know how to check what ya card is.

Click Start Type Dxdiag in run then click Display on the top your card will be shown on chip type.

This will also tell you what version off direct X you are using as well.

Last edited: