What's new

graphics problem

Pikkon

Ok, i just got pj 64 1.4 ok and it worked fine until i got home today and it had a direct x 6.0 problem and i just got direct x 8 so do i have to have a lower version of direct x to run pj 64? i had this same problem with pj 64 1.3 it worked fine then it stoped and it makes me mad when this great emulator doesnt work :devil: so if some one could help me out here even if u read this just please give me some help. thank you

Pikkon

OP
P

Pikkon

1 more question

Ok i still need help on the graphics thing but i was jsut wondering cause i saw on a site about roms/emulators... But shouldnt pj64 be illeagle? because u are not supposed to have all of this stuff and this one site got caught and now they have to pay a pretty high dollar fine, but i was jsut wondering and could someone please help me.

Royal Fool

Your resident know-it-all
First of all, no, emulators are not illegal. However, the ROMs in question are something quite different. You have to own an original copy of the game... ROMs are basically just backup-images of the games themselves (The cartridges) so if you have the original, there should be no problem having a ROM.

Second, you probably won't solve the problem by downgrading DirectX (Good luck if you try, as it's a pain in the butt to install an older version of DirectX over a newer one). Have you been installing any new drivers lately? Make sure you haven't been changin your computer's settings...