What's new

graphical problems - Rice Video and gln64, zelda

converge

Hi, I'm trying to play Zelda (both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask) and I get some weird graphical problems.

I'm trying to use Rice Video 5.6.0 in DirectX mode (OpenGL doesn't work well for me), but I'm getting bad "shimmering", which looks like z-fighting. Basically if any two objects are too close to eachother (like a poster on a wall or a corner of a building), they shimmer back and forth in front of eachother. Has anyone else had this problem?

I've also tried to use gln64, which works alright except that every couple of frames I get a big stray polygon that takes up some section of the screen. It looks like maybe some kind of problem with culling.

I've got an AMD processor, ATI Radeon 8500, and WinXP. I get the same problems using 1964 or Project64.

gandalf

Member ready to help
converge said:
I've also tried to use gln64, which works alright except that every couple of frames I get a big stray polygon that takes up some section of the screen. It looks like maybe some kind of problem with culling.

I've got an AMD processor, ATI Radeon 8500, and WinXP. I get the same problems using 1964 or Project64.

It´s normal in GLn64,clipping problem.
Try with Jabo,now you can use Jabo´s D3D 6 1.5.1 with Radeon Cards,see PJ64 forum.
Or try Direct 64

OP
C

converge

Jonancas said:
Use Rice Video 5.6.0 in DirectX mode, and disable the "Fog" option in the plugin.
I've tried that; it didn't help.

I've managed to get gln64 to work pretty well now, the clipping problem is managable, and I've only had some problems with foggy "flashback" scenes, and the four-sun problem.

I'll give Jabo a try and see how that goes.

vleespet

The decent one
In some cases Jabo's 1.4.0 is better than 1.5(.1), so you can also give that a try. Glide64 + Evoodoo or Hacktarux' Glide Wrapper may also give very good results (probably even better than Jabo's).