What's new

Graphic Cues for Rumble

Nasorean

many controller adapters do not have a working rumble function and so certain games which may require rumble effects to find secrets and hidden objects lose some of their gameplay functions. so i came up with an idea which can go around that- a graphic cue.

every time the rumble pak is supposed to be active have a little icon flash on screen to notify the user that there may be a hidden object or cave nearby. the on-screen cue could, of course, have an on/off option.

By letting the user have the option to use the icon the annoyance factor would decrease and the option could be left off for games with lots of rumbling which does not directly affect the events in the game--gunshots and injuries in golden eye for example.

i have thought about possible difficulties in implementing, such as whcih plug in would do this--graphics or input. and some other stuff which for the sake of brevity i have labeled "etc."

What do you guys think of this idea?

how useful/practical would this be in terms of gameplay?

Is it possible? and how easy/difficult would it be to implement?

Matata

Novato Experimentado
Hey, that´s a pretty neat idea and I think it could be possibe but, of course, I have no idea of this things but it would be really cool if it can be done.

straight

I'm curious about this too. I'd never noticed this feature in N-Rage's plugin. I tried it out with a few games that I thought might have rumble, but didn't notice anything. What does it look like?

Zuzma

I don't think it works when you run it in full screen. The window title bar flashes whenever there's a rumble in the game. I tested it with super smash borthers and it worked fine. :)

Last edited:

straight

Zuzma said:
I don't think it works when you run it in full screen. The window title bar flashes whenever there's a rumble in the game. I tested it with super smash borthers and it worked fine. :)

Ah, no wonder. Since I have a Voodoo card and am using Glide64, I never run a game in a window. :teehee:

Zuzma

straight said:
Ah, no wonder. Since I have a Voodoo card and am using Glide64, I never run a game in a window. :teehee:

Oh! I didn't even notice you were using a voodoo card. It's a great card, I still have one in my other box to play all my old 3dfx games from way back when.

OP
N

Nasorean

yeah i tired it too when i heard it was in nrage plug in, needless to say i was annoyed that it was not there in full screen. in window mode the bar flashes but i was talking about a little icon appearing like when navi bugs to say something in zelda and she glows a different color than usual, also the button icon changes to reflect the new messege.

But overall i am glad that this feature is included in the plug in