What's new

Graphic Card help.

zxzxi

Hydroswirl is having trouble being able to log in, so he asked me to ask this.

He wants to know if there are any updates for the ATI 3D RAGE (GT-A) graphic card that will actually play project 64 games?

Are there any?

Last edited:

RottNKorpse

Viva la PJ64!
if you are getting a new card why not get nVidia or something...it doesnt really matter. As far as if there is any updates....um check their site...as far as will it work with PJ64...um dunno check their site and put the specs here and we'll tell you...as long as your card is pretty new right now it should work if it wont is prolly the brand anyway.

hydroswirl

First of all, I visited ATI.com, I was very confused and the descriptions were very vague, I couldn't tell if they had 3D capabilities, can someone help me here?

Also here are my computer specs:

Hewlett-Packard
Pavilon
Intel(R)Celeron(TM)CPU
1200MHz
1.20GHz 250MB of RAM

Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Verison 2002
System Pack 2

I hope my computer isn't that old...:( Can someone help me wiht my site problem, just visit thesite and look for a good one, I don't even know what to look for, I'm really dumb when it comes to pcmputers.

BTW, this is my alt, because my other account wasn't working....

Trotterwatch

An ATI Rage card really isn't good enough for N64 emulation - you may be lucky enough to get a few games to work with various plugins, though I suspect most will have some sort of graphical anomalies.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Although I said this in the another thread as well, I just can't understand why HP would put such a poor excuse of a card (rather, a chip) to a computer of that caliber. Hell, all the Pavillion models I've seen being sold over here, and having sub-par graphics cards (for serious gamers in mind) are still far better than this Rage travesty.

I thought ATI had ceased producing their Rage lineup a long time ago.

Agozer

RandyOrton said:
Well I have a ATI card...Try Direct X with Rice PLugins with Pixel Shader Combiner Type.Works Perfect.
I don't think you understood what this thread is about. I won't help him not matter what plugins or settings he uses.

OP
Z

zxzxi

Hydroswirl is having trouble logging in again, so I'll speak for him this time.

This was his message:

ok, well I did what RandyOrton said and downloaded 1964, and siwtched plugin folders. Next when I tried playing it gave me this message : Current GFX.dll could not be used please selected another one Hmmm....the "Open Rom" button is stil lgreyed out HOWEVER i can still go on netplay? is this normal, and does anyone know how to fix my error message? also, does anyone know any good updates that may work really good on pj64 from ati's site. lastly, i tried 1964 with it's plugin folder, and was playing mk64...wiht no grpahics, no buffer, pefect sound, just a black screen ,does anyone knwo how to fix this too? remember the error message was :Current GFX.dll could not be used please selected another one. Baad grammar and all, please help.

Agozer

Simply put, his graphics card is uncapable of displaying any kind of 3D graphics. the DirectX Diagnostics tools report is more than adequate indication of that, since it completely failed to initialize Direct3D, even for just testing purposes.

The only thing to do now is to go to ATI's site and try the drivers for Windows XP --> Motherbords with ATI Graphics. Then again, that might not help either.

Last edited:

NaSeR

Spanish Member
Yes I think so, but think that the people belives all that the man of the computer´s shop say: If he say that a graphic card is one of the best because it has 256Mb of memory, the people´ll believe him and buy an Ati 9250 256mb :(

PD: I can´t speak all that I know about computers because it´s difficult to me speak in english, otherwhise I´ll help and talk much more, like in spanish forums :cry:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
RandyOrton said:
Well I have a ATI card...Try Direct X with Rice PLugins with Pixel Shader Combiner Type.Works Perfect.
\

or don't.. noob

the RAGE doesn't have pixel shaders what so ever, its a fixed function card, hence, a fixed function combiner is more likely to work