What's new

GPU temp. monitering programs?

mix

Does anyone know any programs that moniter GPU temps? I would like to know what temperatures i'm getting with my new fan. Please don't say RivaTuner, i've tried that and I can't figure out how to moniter temperatures with it.

WhiteX

so how you mean to do it?
I mean AFAIK the software only picks up the information from the Bios.

OP
M

mix

Oh, I didn't know. Is there a way to enable temp. monitering on my graphics card?

Chronos

only way would be to flash the bios with a version that has temp monitoring enabled...but thats quite risky

Last edited:

xneoangel

Persona User
Flashing the Bios is only risky if the power goes off because that could permanently damage your GFX Card altough if you have a battery backup for your PC if the power goes off your hardware shouldnt be damaged.

Altough its much better if you use software to monitor your GPU temperature than to flash the bios.

Anyway for all your 3D needs go to:
http://www.guru3d.com/

I found this program but i cant test it because is only for nVidia based GPU's give it a try and see if it works.
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1194

Last edited:
OP
M

mix

That program doesn't work, it says "Temperature monitering is not enabled on this card". Looks like i'll have to flash the bios. I don't have a floppy drive though.

xneoangel

Persona User
Now man why would eVGA disable the temperature monitoring of their GPU thats too bad, then your only choice would be to flash the BIOS i believe (there may be another way to enable GPU temperature monitoring that i dont know of so wait till you get more replies).

OP
M

mix

The only problem is that I don't have a floppy drive. I need one to flash the bios. I think eVGA disabled that feature to discourage OC'ing?

Last edited:

xneoangel

Persona User
Anyway man you could always borrow's a friends floppy drive and if not a floppy is worth like 20$ thats not much.

xneoangel

Persona User
All right then thats what you have to do you have to mess a bit with the BIOS and youll get your temperature monitoring but be very careful while doing so.

OP
M

mix

Alright, i'll dig around in my brother's room for a floppy drive tommorrow.

WhiteX

xneoangel, sometimes ppl disable features of boards to decrease prices, i believe the only way is to flash the bios but i do not recommend it since there can be other configs (mem timings, etc...) that can be affected and contribute to damage the card.

EDIT: the article seem to make a way to it without messing around with the clocks, go with it!

Last edited: