What's new

GP2PSX 0.18 Released

Keith

The Show Must Go On!
Administrator
Category: <b>GP2X</b><br><br>zodttd has released a new version of his Playstation emulator GP2PSX for the new GP2X handheld gaming system. Here is what was posted for version 0.18.

This release is a much needed bug fix to the last release (v0.16). I had some timings off. This release should fix games that weren't loading but did in past releases. This release should also be a bit faster, though as usual, i'm not sure. I don't have many PSX games to test with. Super Seizure Bros is also no longer seizure-ized.

Also note the framerate counter seems to be more accurate now. It's actually always been accurate, it basically counts 60 frames then calculates the framerate. Only thing is, sometimes the PSX would have it vsync when no change was made to the screen. Not only is this an optimization waiting to happen, but it would report high framerates at times when things looked like they were going slow. This is why I've been trying to get timings right.

Thanks to RetroGuru for the news. Be sure to check out the release thread for more information.

:: GP2PSX Release Post
:: GP2PSX 0.18