What's new

Government Imperializm and Soccer Moms

Status
Not open for further replies.

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
The world of today is on the verge a terrible epoch. Our freedoms are slowly being infringed upon, slowly our rights are being drained away by proactive bitch moms who blame game manufacturers for there nut job children gunnin people down (even though it was their choice to buy their obviously derranged kid the game in the first place).

Our govrnments are using technology to keep tabs on us in the name of security (why do new cell phones have GPS chips in them yet no user interface? why does the FCC want to control the freedom of the internet? why am I seen by cameras over 50 times a day? why does the US advicate the use of a National Identity Card which would keep tabs on everything from credit history to what you had for lunch last week? why are stores abandoning bar codes for tiny silicon chips that stay in the clothes you buy recording your comings and goings?).......

And why is Dick Cheney and other members of the White House part of PNAC (Project for a New American Century = Basically the globilization of American imperializm) And most of all why do we sit infront of color boxes wasting our lives on these machines (it reminds me how the Roman empire used Gladiatorial games and the Olympics, to keep their peoples minds off their crooked bullshit government)

Anyway, people have seemed to have lost there will for revolution and have reverted to passivism, allowing governments to take advantage of us and to pass laws that many don't agree with yet somehow they seem to slip through and be forgotten.

Mind you, I'm <i>really</i> stoned right now and I wanted to remember all the intelligent points I was discussing with the other politically savy pothead philosophers that I know... but I can't right now, which sucks 'cause its really surreal when you think of the course that this world is taking... I mean, the world is held up on the thin, fragile pegs of the global economy which has been dominated by the 'normal' countries of the world since the industrial revolutions ('normal' as opposed to nut job fundamentalist factions of the east like korea and various middle eastern countries). And If the balance shifts, as trends seem to be pointing at, like China becoming a hyper-power, then the views shared by the layed back, video game playing, pot smoking lands of the west (europe, north america) might not have it as easy as it has been going.

Our governments are increasingly tightening their grips around our balls with their laws that are meant to protect us, like the National ID cards, and government internet monitoring systems. The freedoms we take for granted are being taken awy from us one torrent site at a time.

And damnit, I wish I could remeber my most important discoveries... I'll get on it, hopefully I can spark some revolution... spirit of the '60's dude.

Oh yeah, post some stuff you've heard of, I'd like to here if I'm the only prophet of the collapse of our way of life (alot of people don't realize.. civilizations have come and gone, our way of life has only been around for a miniscule time in comparison to the great [and now destroyed] civs of the past, our way of life is not infinite, it will fall as every other great civilization before it has... computers or no computers)

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
illuminati.jpg

OP
tye stik

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
Lol, I dig the pics.

So I hear the US is pressuring Lebanon's government now saying they want to liberate their people and get rid of their fascist regime... funny how in their political rally (an astounding amount of people that gathered in some central square shit) they were carrying signs saying: "Death to America" and "America is the source of terror".... hmm, alright! 2 points for the home team, woot!

Seriously, wtf is the US doing?? I seriously am thinkin of packin my bags and bringing my ass back to Canada (where I'm from (^_^) ) We sure are getting popularity points in those nutso fundamentalist countries, eh? I mean, if we pissed the UK off at least they(you) wouldn't sacrifice your lives to give us satans chicken pox. Its these backwater countries that are gonna bring us down, the places that don't have the Tesla Ray guns and alien technologies, they're just gonna dig up a body from the 10th century and kill us all with the bloody damn bubonic plague, fuckin way old school style.

My opinions probably have been stated before, but I'm coming to my own conclusions... once again I had more to say but I can't think of it now that I'm writing it down... somehow being really baked makes you look at things in a fresh perspective sorta, but it also makes you forget um, what was trying to remember again?... damn, foiled again... I'll get you next time GADGET!

Jakob

evil *******
tye.. if you want political discussion, go visit a political website, if you want bashing of anything to do with politics, come here, regardless of what position you take on any subject, except the most controvercial, you'll get bashed, rightfully or wrongfully.

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
can_of_worms.jpg

I'm just curious how the bubonic plague is going to survive in a grave for 1000 years, also bog standard antibiotics would stop it. :p

Political discussion on Emutalk is kind of pointless, half of the members can't even speak bloody English so you get into a political debate in engrish, mucho fun!

OP
tye stik

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
Well Passive... I dunno, I'm mostly killing time posting shit so like, I'm sorry if you think posting here is stupid. I don't go on any other forums 'cause I'm too lazy, plus when you stay with a particular forum you get to know its community... and I don't want to go to a 'political website' 'cause they're just a bunch of cranky old people, the people here are more like me in a way. everyone here likes to chill out and play video games.

Lol, and I didn't mean the bubonic plague thing literally... obviously it wouldn't survive for thousands of years, and our superior antibiotics would subdue it so, yeah.

Anyway, I was just blowing off some political steam because I had a heated debate with some crackas I know.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
I've completely missed the point of both of your posts, but I gotta admit that discussing politics while being high sounds interesting.

Slougi

tye stik said:
So I hear the US is pressuring Lebanon's government now saying they want to liberate their people and get rid of their fascist regime... funny how in their political rally (an astounding amount of people that gathered in some central square shit) they were carrying signs saying: "Death to America" and "America is the source of terror".... hmm, alright! 2 points for the home team, woot!
I'm Lebanese. The US is pressuring Syria into leaving Lebanon after being there for way too long. 99% of all people think it's a good thing. Syria presently has a strong military and political presence in Lebanon, forcing them to withdraw their military is a very good first step to true democrary and self-determination. There is no "fascist regime" in Lebanon. In Syria on the other hand...

Last edited:

Slougi

DuDe said:
I've completely missed the point of both of your posts, but I gotta admit that discussing politics while being high sounds interesting.
It's loads of fun :)
On a side note, what do people in Israel think about the current situation in Lebanon?

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Slougi said:
It's loads of fun :)
On a side note, what do people in Israel think about the current situation in Lebanon?

I see it as a sound development. I'm not much of an expert on the matter, but as far as I know there's no land dispute between Lebanon and Israel (the Shaba Farms are AFAIK a dispute between Israel and Syria), and with the Syrians out and Hezbollah losing its grip on southern Lebanon, I see no reason why a full normalization between Israel and Lebanon shouldn't happen. After all we're talking about the only fully westernized countries in the Middle East, and without the Syrian influence on Lebanese politics both countries have much to benefit from a peace treaty.

Slougi

DuDe said:
I see it as a sound development. I'm not much of an expert on the matter, but as far as I know there's no land dispute between Lebanon and Israel (the Shaba Farms are AFAIK a dispute between Israel and Syria), and with the Syrians out and Hezbollah losing its grip on southern Lebanon, I see no reason why a full normalization between Israel and Lebanon shouldn't happen. After all we're talking about the only fully westernized countries in the Middle East, and without the Syrian influence on Lebanese politics both countries have much to benefit from a peace treaty.
Actually the Shebaa Farms issue is somewhat more tricky.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shebaa_Farms

Peace would be rather difficult though... There's too many people in Lebanon who would rather die than see that happen.

Last edited:
OP
tye stik

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
I dunno, Its not such a good idea for the US to come in and stir up an already sticky situation over there in the middle eastern countries. I mean, the religious fundamentalist factions that power over there are pretty much the mafia on a bigger scale. When the US comes and toples the ones with the most power (like Sadams regime) then its rivals compete for the top spot. Its a viscous cycle and it will never end... but if there is ever peace in Isreal and the surrounding countries, apparently its a sign of the apocolypse (its somewhere in the Bible)

Middle Eastern dudes>>> :smurf: :ala:

American dude >>> :term:

Me and buddy >>> :party:

...Santa >>> :santa:

Allnatural

The US didn't stir up anything. It was the bombing of Hariri that got the people all riled up. The US (as well as nearly every other country in the world) is simply saying it's time for Syria to leave.

Slougi

tye stik said:
I dunno, Its not such a good idea for the US to come in and stir up an already sticky situation over there in the middle eastern countries. I mean, the religious fundamentalist factions that power over there are pretty much the mafia on a bigger scale. When the US comes and toples the ones with the most power (like Sadams regime) then its rivals compete for the top spot. Its a viscous cycle and it will never end... but if there is ever peace in Isreal and the surrounding countries, apparently its a sign of the apocolypse (its somewhere in the Bible)

Middle Eastern dudes>>> :smurf: :ala:

American dude >>> :term:

Me and buddy >>> :party:

...Santa >>> :santa:
You need to check your facts. On all of those points.

dogdogwoof

Part-Time Coder/Sleeper
why cant we just get along? take iraqi suicide bomber who targeted a funeral, mean come on, how low can you get? there attacking their own people, i say do them all a favour and drop an a-bomb, arses cant even be greatful the regime was removed. To all anti-war people, eat grass with the cows

Status
Not open for further replies.