What's new

got a upgrade need the right emu

Sola Kusanagi

Make it Make Money
got some upgrades from a Lame P3 to a P4 need a good emu to get Dragon Force to work

----stats---

Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.50GHz
Manufacturer Intel
Family Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.50GHz
Architecture 32-bit
Internal Clock 1.5 GHz
Internal Clock Maximum 2.4 GHz
External Clock 100.0 MHz
Socket Designation PGA478
Upgrade Slot 1
HyperThreadingTechnology Available - Disabled
Capabilities MMX, CMov, RDTSC, SSE, SSE2, PAE
Version Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.50GHz
Caches
Level 1 8 KB
Level 2 256 KB

DirectX Info
Version 9.0c
Long Version 4.09.00.0904

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DirectDraw
Version 5.3.0000001.0904
Primary Device NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500

Display Device 1/1
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 Driver 8.1.9.5

Description NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500
Manufacturer NVIDIA
Total Local Video Memory 256 MB
Total Local Texture Memory 256 MB
Total AGP Memory 128 MB
Driver File nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version 8.1.9.5
Driver Date 11-11-2005
Driver WHQL Certified true
Max Texture Width 4096 px
Max Texture Height 4096 px
Max User Clipping Planes 6
Max Active Hardware Lights 8
Max Texture Blending Stages 8
Fixed Function Textures In Single Pass 8
Vertex Shader Version 2.0
Pixel Shader Version 2.0
Max Vertex Blend Matrices 0
Max Texture Coordinates 8
VGA Memory Clock 364.5 MHz
VGA Core Clock 270.0 MHz
PCI
Name NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500
Vendor ID 0x10de
Device ID 0x0326
SubSystem ID 0x00000000
Revision ID 0x00a1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Texture Formats
32-bit ARGB [8888]
32-bit RGB [888]
16-bit RGB [565]
16-bit RGB [555]
16-bit ARGB [1555]
16-bit ARGB [4444]
8-bit YUV [800]
16-bit AYUV [8800]
FourCC [DXT1]
FourCC [DXT2]
FourCC [DXT3]
FourCC [DXT4]
FourCC [DXT5]

Capabilities
AGP Texturing, Hardware Transform and Lighting, Positional Lights, Subpixel Accurate Rasterizing, Stencil Buffers, Range Fog, Table Fog, Vertex Fog, W-Fog, Specular Gouraud Shading, Anisotropic Filtering, Bilinear Filtering, Point Sampling, Trilinear Filtering, Additive Texture Blending, Dot3 Texture Blending, Multiplicative Texture Blending, Subtractive Texture Blending, Environmental Bump Mapping, Environmental Bump Mapping With Luminance, Cube Mapping, Factor Alpha Blending, Vertex Alpha Blending, Texture Alpha Blending, Texture Clamping, Texture Mirroring, Texture Wrapping, Guard Band Support, Mipmap LOD Bias Adjustment, Projected Textures, Volume Textures, Point Primitive Support, Full-Screen Anti-Aliasing, DXT Compressed Textures, Two Sided Stencil Test, Mipmapped Volume Textures, Mipmapped Cube Textures, Texture Border Color, Spherical Mapping, Automatic Mipmap Generation, Hardware Rasterization, Shading, Transform and Lighting, Scissor Test, Legacy Depth Bias

used Futuremark's 3DMard03

OP
Sola Kusanagi

Sola Kusanagi

Make it Make Money
it dont matter il manage (^^)

also i got a 1.5GHz pross* but the Internal Clock Maximum is 2.4 GHz whats up with that?

what does SSE2 mean anyways?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Sola Kusanagi said:
what does SSE2 mean anyways?
Streaming SIMD (Single Instruction, Multiple Data) Extensions 2. A bunch of extra processor instructions made by Intel that make certain calculations faster and add new ones.

Last edited:
OP
Sola Kusanagi

Sola Kusanagi

Make it Make Money
i got SSF running but for some odd reasion it done wanna boot the game from the disk "Dragon Force

dragonforce4cu.jpg

is there a way to bypass this?

Agozer

You need to change the region to match the game. If that doesn't work, Google for a tool called SatConv, and change the image's region.

Borisz

Agozer said:
You need to change the region to match the game. If that doesn't work, Google for a tool called SatConv, and change the image's region.
DONT convert images. If you really-really need to resort to regionpatching, use SRP from http://madroms.free.fr.

In this case, just edit the region field in SSF Options. Stupid iso kiddies not even knowing what region game they are playing...

also i got a 1.5GHz pross* but the Internal Clock Maximum is 2.4 GHz whats up with that?
The guy who put your computer together was an idiot. It means you have a 2,4ghz cpu but its only running at 1.5ghz. So you can clock it higher in the Motherboard BIOS or with some kind of motherboard tool. Don't mess with it if you don't know how to do it, however, as you can risk damaging your CPU if you put wrong speed settings on it. (well not really, as modern motherboards wont even start up with a badly set up CPU speed but just don't mess with it if you have no clue on how to do it)

Last edited:

Agozer

Borisz said:
DONT convert images..
Usuallly you don't have to, since just changing the region in the options is sufficent. However, I had a copy of radiant Silvergun which refured to work in any region setting until I had chaged the region inside the image itself.

Borisz

Agozer said:
Usuallly you don't have to, since just changing the region in the options is sufficent. However, I had a copy of radiant Silvergun which refured to work in any region setting until I had chaged the region inside the image itself.
That would mean that the image itself was fucked up. Make your own CD Images from original discs instead of downloading them from faggot http "ROM SITES", mmkay?

Agozer

Borisz said:
That would mean that the image itself was fucked up. Make your own CD Images from original discs instead of downloading them from faggot http "ROM SITES", mmkay?
No one in their right mind uses "faggot http romsites" these days. Having a bad day, are we?

Last edited:
OP
Sola Kusanagi

Sola Kusanagi

Make it Make Money
Borisz said:
DONT convert images. If you really-really need to resort to regionpatching, use SRP from http://madroms.free.fr.

In this case, just edit the region field in SSF Options. Stupid iso kiddies not even knowing what region game they are playing...

The guy who put your computer together was an idiot. It means you have a 2,4ghz cpu but its only running at 1.5ghz. So you can clock it higher in the Motherboard BIOS or with some kind of motherboard tool. Don't mess with it if you don't know how to do it, however, as you can risk damaging your CPU if you put wrong speed settings on it. (well not really, as modern motherboards wont even start up with a badly set up CPU speed but just don't mess with it if you have no clue on how to do it)

u calling me a stupid ISO kiddie?
the games Region im assuming its US
Dragon Force (Saturn_USA).bin
Dragon Force (Saturn_USA).cue
i still have the images in a rar zip. from past EXP with Deamon Toolz would Crash my System reguardless of the fact im useing the right settings and Alcohol 120% didi want to work on my burner drive nor could i get it to mount image files without the same probs Daemon Toolz give me
i used MagicISO to convert or make a ISO version of the image so im thinking it should work fine

i went though all of SSF's settings that i though was the prob

as for the my PC i had to manage 90% of my money goes on school and bills

Borisz said:

i invited my friend over and used nero to make a image of it and burned it on a disk same prob o.o

the region is US since the whole game is in english

my Regional And Language Options > Advanced > Language For non-Unicode Programs is set to japanese since i do all my school work in japanese but that shoudnt effect SSF in anyway
EDIT:
if this is the case the next time i reboot the settings will be on english hopefuly i wont get the same probs
if thats not the case im gonna try Imgburn hopefuly it burns bins

Last edited:
OP
Sola Kusanagi

Sola Kusanagi

Make it Make Money
Borisz said:
You would be surprised.

No but you are making yourself look like one.

well i was just asking

i cant really help but to use ISO's

but sice i got a upgrade that is worth it im gonna try burning the bin and cue files with alcohol 120% once i have time school is really keeping me on my feet