What's new

got a new video card..

realworksuks

for emulation mainly, anyway before I had an integraded NVIDIA GeForce 6150 Le, now I have a GeForce 7600. The question is, how do I make sure the integrated one is disabled??

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Usually there's an option in the BIOS settings to disable the integrated graphics chip.

OP
R

realworksuks

yeah.. that's what i've been told but I went into the Bios by pressing f1 at the computer boot up screen. I don't know what to disable. Because it doesn't say flat out "integrated video card: enable/disable" I don't see anything talking about an onboard card or anything like that, so i have no idea what to disable.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Unfortunately, each BIOS is different (okay well, no, they aren't, but there are a number of varieties out there), so telling you exactly what to disable can be tough. If you have a motherboard manual, then consult it. If not, then consult the company from whom you purchased the computer or the motherboard manufacturer.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
What brand and model system is it?

Quite a few systems don't have the disable in BIOS for the intregated video anymore. Since the release of Windows XP I guess they think many users may want to run dual video. Also some systems will actually auto disable the onboard when you use the AGP/PCIe slot. I have an HP at my office our accountant uses that does this.

OP
R

realworksuks

I have a compaq presario with windows xp (I can't remember how to find the exact model though)

Would it be a good idea to go dual video, and let my integrated card work too?

Last edited: