What's new

good sound in 1964?

fiveonit

I'm using 1964 and I’ve tried just about every audio plugin that I can find. If I sync the audio to the gameplay it sounds great but overall performance takes a serious hit. If I don't sync it I can hit well over 100fps on almost any game but the sound isn't so good. If I turn the buffer way down, the sound is timed right for the game but I get lots of crackling. If I turn the buffer way up, I loose the crackling but the sound lags way behind the game. I'm kind of guessing but it seems that with the audio not sync'ed to the gameplay, it's sync'ing up at some sort of set intervals (just not constantly). Is there any way to get rid of the crackling without having the sound lag way behind the gameplay? I’m more concerned with the sound keeping up with the game play and be at least descent quality (not perfect). I just can’t stand that crackling and popping? Thanks

Specs
Win XP Pro SP1
AMD XP 1900+
GF2 TI
512 DDR (266) 512MB
On board sound (a little better than SBLive)
also tried with SBLive Platinium with same result.

OP
F

fiveonit

Well I revisited Azimer's .50.2 beta (LLE I think) and found that it works almost as good as the .40.2 beta (HLE I think) sync'ed up. I get the perfomance that I got out of the .30 (old driver) (HLE I think) but I got rid of almost all of the crackling that I hate. I did find that for some rather large roms it runs into the same problem as .40.2 sync'ed up (eats up like 70% or more resources). The reason I over looked this one earlier was that I was playing some (E) and (J) region roms which are horribly unplayable with the .50.2 beta (has a constant resampling sound like a cd that's skipping). Does anyone know a way around this? Thanks.

Last edited:
Is it possible to get good sound with 1964?:getlost:

lol, kidding, to get the right sound, try to change the counter-factors (ctrl+ a number 1-8). It's definatly worth a try if you have bad sound.