What's new

good program for creating trance music?

dreamer

im looking for a good music editing/creating prog, my dads got cakewalk and i might copy that onto my comp but i dont think it has the sound fx i need as i want to make trance music? can anyone recommend a program, i tried dance ejay ages ago and that was great for about an hour. then i got frustrated with the lack of flexibility within the program and could do with something a little more complex. any free (with a decent demo) prog's that would be suitable, thanx in advance to anyone who can give me any pointers

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
Well I'd recommend FruityLoops and Reason, but... the combined price of those two is several hundred pounds.

Those two in combination with something like SoundForge would and a good sampler would be great.

Aaaaanyway this is totally unrelated to tech, so expect the thread to be moved soon....

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
I highly recommend Reason because you can do almost anything with it and has 2 CD's of audio samples, the drawback is that you'll need a lot of time to master it.
On the other hand, Fruity Loops has many features and is much easier to use but it isn't as advanced as Reason.

OP
D

dreamer

i had a fruity loops demo but it was limited and doesnt work on this computer for some reason <i>Aaaaanyway this is totally unrelated to tech, so expect the thread to be moved soon....</i> yeah sorry about that but it is related to programs and i didnt know where else to put it, maybe i'll check out Reason. and thanx for the advice both of you

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
I wouldn't be so sure - a certain program by the name of, er, LOGIC!!!, is reaosnably popular in the music industry. Along with ProTools, but... then we're getting serious...