What's new

Good (free) program to bulk convert bmp to jpg?

nudetothis

I'm using irfanview and it doesn't seem to have the capability to convert a whole directory of bmp's to same-named jpg's. I used to have vueprint on my old computer which had this capability but it's not free and the backup file and reg# is on a lost disk somewhere. It's not worth the fee just to have this capability. Irfanview does ALMOST everything.

The reason I need to do bulk convert is I started playing FFIX on ePSXe and I'm taking way too many screenshots. The game looks freakin' awesome on full-house Pete's OGL with 4XsAA.

Allnatural

Speaking of Irfanview (which I adore very much:) ), does anyone else have problems with animated GIFs when viewed in the recent versions? Many of the gifs I have made have corruption problems when I view them with, say...the last 2 or 3 versions of Irfanview. These same gifs look fine in older versions (I'm currently using 3.36), they look fine in IE, heck they even look fine in Mozilla, which tends to be tempermental with ani gifs.

Anyone notice this?

OP
nudetothis

nudetothis

Aha. Well, you guys got me. Since you were so insistent I went back into irfanview and found "batch conversion/rename" exactly where I wasn't looking before .. in the most obvious place.

Stezo2k

S-2K
ms paint even converts bmp 2 jpg heh, i'd use psp7 tho cuz psp rox and u can make sum awesome pics on it (ie my sig)

Stez

Stezo2k

S-2K
i got it from download.com a few weeks ago, very nice program, what prog did u use to create ur logo?

Stez

blizz

PaintShopPro, Photoshop and Corel Draw and photopaint work for me ;)

although I tend to use PSP the most since it's the only one I actually bother to installed after the last reformat ;)

RPGlover12

Stezo2k said:
i got it from download.com a few weeks ago, very nice program, what prog did u use to create ur logo?

Stez
am not the one who made it :p there was a board that i asked for someone to make me a sig , so i said i want it to be cool and shit like that someone made a flash one but i lost it :p it was that lightning movin and RPGlover12 flashin :) but i can't findi t anymore (stupid me) so i used that one which he also made thnxs to him anyway :)(dont remember his name ;))

Stezo2k

S-2K
blizz said:
PaintShopPro, Photoshop and Corel Draw and photopaint work for me ;)

although I tend to use PSP the most since it's the only one I actually bother to installed after the last reformat ;)

heh u must have a lot of HD space ;)

Stez

dreamer

um...doesnt paint shop do that convertion, mine does anyway and i use animation shop for simple animations, anyway i guess it depends on what you got bundled with your computer

Allnatural

dreamer said:
um...doesnt paint shop do that convertion, mine does anyway and i use animation shop for simple animations, anyway i guess it depends on what you got bundled with your computer

Fuck, nudetothis asked for help 20 months ago. Thank you for finally volunteering your insight. The board will sleep better tonight. Thank you...

ugh

Last edited:

mesman00

What's that...?
god you must have so much free time if you are going back to post that are almost two years old. i barely have time to read new posts.

Gorxon

Administrator
Just a question, how on earth did you even find this thread? I am quite certain he doesn't need that info now...besides PSP isn't free :p

Now let it die or I close it

-edit-
Woah, there was a second page.. :whistling