What's new

Goldeneye

Valo

Has anyone here gotten Goldeneye to work successfully and smoothly in 1964? If so could you explain how? I'm getting graphics problems and it's running kinda shaky and slow.

xamenus

Please post your system specs, and what graphics plugin you're using. Also make sure you're using a good dump of the game.

OP
Valo

Valo

Graphics Card: Radeon 9200
CPU: Athlon XP 1.35 ghz
256 MB Memory

I'm using Rice's Daedalus 5.2.0 Plugin for the graphics.

Clements

Update to 5.6.0 since it fixes the graphics issues. It may still be slow though. Also, try Jabo's plugin that comes with Project64 since that plays the game fast as well.

jessman1988

Banned
your video card is pretty good, but your speed isn't quite up there for games like goldeneye. I recommend a minimum of 2ghz for that game, but then again, my gfx card sucks.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Valo said:
Graphics Card: Radeon 9200
CPU: Athlon XP 1.35 ghz
256 MB Memory

I'm using Rice's Daedalus 5.2.0 Plugin for the graphics.

Part of the problem may be is, if the PC was built for you, the processor may be underclocked. Athlon XPs require at least 133 mhz FSB for the stock processor frequency to be applicable.

Which Athlon XP processor do you have, please tell us which rating it has, for example, "Athlon XP 2100+".

Unless the processor is less than an Athlon XP 1400+, the processor is underclocked. I don't even know if there's such thing as an Athlon XP 1400+.

Last edited:

xamenus

Even on my 2.2 Ghz CPU, Goldeneye doesn't always run at full speed. Changing the counter factor to 3 helps, though. It also seems that RiceVideo is more CPU intensive with this game than Jabo's Direct3D, I've noticed.

scotty

The Great One
Goldeneye graphics are messed up on my computer. I have the same graphics card. I think its the actual ROM itself (for me anyway), your processor should do the job on this game, unless it is the graphics that are choppy. What do I mean by graphics? I mean Severnaya outdoors trees loking funny, Jungle outside background loking funny.

Now that I have my N64 out, I just play it there.

OP
Valo

Valo

No I built it myself, and yes I think it may be underclocked. it's a 1500+.

buda

My computers has 1 gig ram, ati 9800 pro, but only 1.8 processor yet the game plays perfectly.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
scotty said:
Goldeneye graphics are messed up on my computer. I have the same graphics card. I think its the actual ROM itself (for me anyway), your processor should do the job on this game, unless it is the graphics that are choppy. What do I mean by graphics? I mean Severnaya outdoors trees loking funny, Jungle outside background loking funny.

Now that I have my N64 out, I just play it there.

The trees require at least pixel shader version 1.1.
If you have a GeForcex MX or less than a Radeon 8500, you just are required to put up with the messed up trees.

BTW, RiceVideo 5.6.0 and RiceVideo 5.51 WIP are partially broken. I discovered a bug that causes the GFX renderer to fail to render the trees properly, even with the pixel shader :(. You're required to use RiceVideo 5.50b2, RiceVideo 5.4.3 or RiceDaedalus 5.4.2 for the trees to be rendered properly.

Last edited:
OP
Valo

Valo

Funny thing is though, Goldeneye works like crap but Perfect Dark for me works almost near perfection.

dataangel

If you built it yourself, it probably is underclocked. Go into your BIOS and you should see something like, "CPU PNP Setup." Then you'll see two numbers set to 100/100. Set them to the highest they can go (probably 133/133 if you have a 1500+). It shouldn't let you overclock there so don't worry about setting it to be too high.

OP
Valo

Valo

I already overclocked it, I used fuzzy logic (the prog that comes with MSI boards) and overclocked it to about 1.6 ghz. I don't want to use the BIOS because I tried that once and the computer would start up at all.

EDIT: Goldenye now works almost to near perfection. I have a little bit of choppiness and slow-down and the sky textures are black.

Last edited: