What's new

Golden eye

sirearl

Is it just me, or does Golden Eye run really slow on the newest version on project 64?? I'm getting 30 - 40 fps, where as on pj64 1.4, I'm getting a steady 60 fps....

One other question, what exactly is being worked on with the new versions? Is it just the cheat codes? Or is it the core and plugins also? Thanks for your help

Boooooommm

The Wanderer
I get slow speeds on all PJ versions I've tried. 1964 gives me better speeds though. 40-50 regularly.

thecraft

Alice in Chains Fan
I think you should download PJ64 1.3 thru 1.5
I actually get better framerate in goldeneye in 1.3

But, if all fails, go with 1964 (IF YOUR VERY DESPERATE)
:pj64:

Last edited:
OP
S

sirearl

Boooooommm, I have a pretty sweet video card (geforce 3 ti500), and I get a steady 60 fps on the older versions, but on the new one, sound is really choppy etc, so I'm assuming it's a new thing.

icepir8

Goku said:
So is Count Factor in a sense same as Frame Skip?
Not exactly. The CPU has a counter that tracks of clock cycles since the CPU started running. Many games use this counter to control timming in game. The emu simulate this counter by counting how many instructions have been emulated. The Count Factor multiplies this value to fool the game into thinking more time has pasted, so games that use the counter for timming runn faster.

I hope this helps. It is not the easiest thing to explain. :p