What's new

Golden Eye and Perfect Dark (real slow!!!)

Rimmer

"Know you enemy"
I can´t get Perfect Dark and Golden Eye to run smoothly with my computer (often about 10-15 fps and horrible sound). I´ve heard that the system req. is quite high but I think that my computer should be able to do the job. If that´s the case, could someone with a similar computer please post their settings to get the emu to run good.

My system spec.

XP 1800+
256MB DDR PC2100
Geforce4 MX440 64MB
Win XP PRO

audioaxes

i only get that frame rate in multiplayer -i turn off the sound it speeds it up (to 25 fps) and plus the sound is all messed up already(atleast for me)

thecraft

Alice in Chains Fan
Just set the Counter Factor to between 2-6 (3 and 4 work best)
It should help the framerate...

Boooooommm

The Wanderer
Those 2 games need lots of power. So, I don't blame your system for the slow frame rates. On PJ the comment for Goldeneye is : high system requirements, so, the games needs gobs of power to run decently.

Tk64

The Other Village Idiot
Hmm.. my comp (See sig) runs Goldeneye fine in PJ, 1964, and uHLE. Look under your video plugin settings, make sure framebuffer emulation is off.

OP
Rimmer

Rimmer

"Know you enemy"
I have changed some settings now and now I get around 60-75fps and accurate sound. But Perfect Dark seems to be frameskipping (it runs fast but not smoothly). Maybe I should just try some more settings.