What's new

Going sloooooow

TiCK

I am new to emulation and there is only one japanese game I want to try for a while (Dobutsu No Mori).

Every graphics plugin I have tried has:

1. Not rendered the game at all.
2. Rendered the game but all textures are white.
3. Rendered the game but all textures are white and have triangles poking everywhere.
4. Render the game PERFECTLY.. but run it INCREDIBLY slow.

# 4 only occurs with Jabo's Direct3D plugin. It is so great seing the game work (on PJ64 also) but the game run ABSOLUTELY at .2 mph. You watch each letter pop up on the screen... one at a time... one after another... just having the title show up takes about 30 seconds.

#2 and #3 plugins run the game at a perfect speed.. but no textures and you can't read any text.

Here are my specs:

600mhz
128mb ram
Intel 801 16mb

Is there any way of speeding it up? What causes it to go soooooo slow?

(it is Jabo's Direct3D 7 I belive.. but I have DirX 8a)

M

mann

intel 810 you mean? 600mhz might not cut it. try jabos take of all settings andset it to direct 3d and try it set it to 16 bit or 32 bit in the plugin see how it works

OP
T

TiCK

Your specs are almost the same as mine...

What are the things that you use, so that I can emulate them. :innocent:

Romboy

http://www.stormfront.org
TiCK said:
I am new to emulation and there is only one japanese game I want to try for a while (Dobutsu No Mori).

Every graphics plugin I have tried has:

1. Not rendered the game at all.
2. Rendered the game but all textures are white.
3. Rendered the game but all textures are white and have triangles poking everywhere.
4. Render the game PERFECTLY.. but run it INCREDIBLY slow.

# 4 only occurs with Jabo's Direct3D plugin. It is so great seing the game work (on PJ64 also) but the game run ABSOLUTELY at .2 mph. You watch each letter pop up on the screen... one at a time... one after another... just having the title show up takes about 30 seconds.

#2 and #3 plugins run the game at a perfect speed.. but no textures and you can't read any text.

Here are my specs:

600mhz
128mb ram
Intel 801 16mb

Is there any way of speeding it up? What causes it to go soooooo slow?

(it is Jabo's Direct3D 7 I belive.. but I have DirX 8a)

Okay it's slow try lowering your resolution. Next please give us what plugins you used and try tinkering with the video plugin settings more. Next if that fails give us the plugin and what settings you used and we will try to help you. I know why there is boxes I have had that happen with the intel video cards it's a known issue if you want to fix it with jabo's video plugin just try different settings but sorry I forgot which one. Good luck. :)

Last edited:
OP
T

TiCK

The 1964 emulator gives me lots of "Can't write to XXXXXXXX" errors so I am using the PJ64 one now.

I am using Jabo's Direct3D7 1.40 video plugin.
Audio is "No Sound" (I don't need it)
It is in windowed mode 320x240 using RGB Emulation.
Wireframe Rasterization is off
RSP Code simulation is F3DEX 2.XX
Geometry Transforms is on Automatic
Texture Format is 16 bpp only.
Enable fog is off
Enable Diplay List CUlling is on
Change blending mode if invalid for video card is on
Always use texture filtering for rendering is off
Nothing is on in the Advanced tab.

Configure RSP has a tick next to "send Display Lists to Graphics Plugin" and is set to Recompiler.

Anything else?

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
use azimer's old audio plugin (0.30) and select "send audio lists to audio plugin" Second, use Glide64+Evoodoo, and not jabo's because the 810 has some serious problems with it. Hopw that helps you. :satisfied

OP
T

TiCK

Ok I got the latest Glide64 off it's site and eVoodoo 3. I extracted all the .dlls and .inis into the right folders and I selceted the Glide64 plugin from the list.

I selected "once rom initializes go to fullscreen mode".

But before the game even shows up the PJ64 emulator crashes out with an illegal operration.