What's new

Goemon's Great Adventure

ardan

I recently downloaded an obscureish game called Goemon's Great Adventure. However, whenever I get to an underwater area, the screen becomes fuzzy in the top half and pitch black on the lower half, rendering the game pretty much unplayable. If it helps, I am using project n64 version 1.6 ***. If it fixs the problem, I will use an updated emulator/ another emulator, although it would be nice to know if I can transfer my save to the other emulator. I dunno if this has anythign to do with it but after booting it up for the first time, when I pressed a button, an error message appeared (can't remember what it said) and the game froze. However, it worked after resetting so idk.

Thanks for your help guys, I would really like to keep playing this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
We don't need to know where you get your roms, you don't have to tell us.

Goemon is known to have issues. You can try the Glide64 plugin if your video card can handle it, or try the 1964 emulator instead (I don't know how well Goemon runs on that, though).

What error message did you get?

masamune89

I recently downloaded an obscureish game called Goemon's Great Adventure. However, whenever I get to an underwater area, the screen becomes fuzzy in the top half and pitch black on the lower half, rendering the game pretty much unplayable. If it helps, I am using project n64 version 1.6 ***. If it fixs the problem, I will use an updated emulator/ another emulator, although it would be nice to know if I can transfer my save to the other emulator. I dunno if this has anythign to do with it but after booting it up for the first time, when I pressed a button, an error message appeared (can't remember what it said) and the game froze. However, it worked after resetting so idk.

Thanks for your help guys, I would really like to keep playing this game.

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM.
I don't think the problem lies in the ROM, since I've downloaded mine from several different sites.
Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.
I just need to complete the game ARGHHHH!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tommy Dreamer

Exact same problem here. There's no error message, the screen just goes mostly black, except for the status bar and occasional static. I'm using Project 64 on a computer running Windows 7.

The problem is, the problem doesn't present itself until the second 'world' I'd hate to download a new emulator, get through the first world all over again, only to find out the exact same problem exists on the new emulator.

What folder would I put the Glide64 Plugin into if I found it and downloaded it instead of switching to 1964?

Tommy Dreamer

I figured it out. It works now! Thanks to everyone. And by everyone, I mean Agozer

For those who can't figure it out for PJ64, download the new Glide 64 plugin. Put the glide64.dll in the plugins folder, and the glide3x.dll in the main folder. Select the plugin from the proper options screen, and there you go.

And your reward?

A HOT GREEN HAIRED NINJA MERMAID BABE IN A BIKINI WITH A BAZOOKA.

God bless Japan.