What's new

glNintendo64() v0.3

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Sayargh said:
found another small glitch with zelda oot, the grass texture i have circled gets funny near the camera, in hyrule field and other places.

Damn i'm good at spotting the little things lol

Glide64 has sort of the same problem.

CKDexterHave

Cats 3.2

Anyone tried the new Catalyst drivers released today? 3.2. I'm on a modem so takes awhile to d/l them. I know its probably a really long shot but maybe smething they changed fixes the some of the troubles the card seems to have with several plugins.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
i don't know how all of you miss this but, when you zoom too far away from mario his body falls apart(changes shapes anyway) while moving, then is fine again when you stop, its not such a big deal but i've noticed every plugin has this problem :p

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
And apart from the missing effect here and the above problem the game is perfectly emulated! (Princesses picture changes to bowser picture as you move closer to it, cool effect :p)

Last edited:

gokuss4

Meh...
Sayargh said:
And apart from the missing effect here and the above problem the game is perfectly emulated! (Princesses picture changes to bowser picture as you move closer to it, cool effect :p)

he would have to implement trilinear filtering LOD bias for that to work.

Clements

Sayargh said:
i don't know how all of you miss this but, when you zoom too far away from mario his body falls apart(changes shapes anyway) while moving, then is fine again when you stop, its not such a big deal but i've noticed every plugin has this problem :p

I believe this happens on a real N64. Objects far away lose polygons. This is most noticable in F-Zero X with the vehicles.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Indeed, Glide64 3.1 WIP still has not solved the sun bug. This has to be one of the most common bugs in video plugins. Has anyone got it working besides Jabo?

On a side note, am I the only unlucky one who gets a crash every time I start emulation? (PJ64 1.5, Jabo's Directsound, N-Rage Input, ATI Mobility M4 (rage 128 chipset))

OpenGL works, but with the exact same problems I get from Rice's.

I think this is probably the best plugin for Geforce users, that and Rice, and Jabo's. They are all mixed bags, well I would say for a Geforce super-mega-power 25 :), Rice would probably be the best, due to the framebuffer support as well as other *features*. Yours would be a close second. Good work! (don't be discouraged by my words, just giving constructive criticism to add features. Being #2 ain't bad and deserves a boatload of credit :)

Won't anyone think of us little guys who have notebooks with pseudo-mid end graphics cards that can't be upgraded? *sniff*

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
That's a little hard. Rice has tried to do this but it doesn't always work due to that he don't have all gfx cards! He has his own only. And it would require a lot of more work at that.

But be happy, because you can use other great plugins or you can get a very good geforce card very cheap today. Geforce2 is very cheap if you don't have money. The other raedons and geforces that are good aren't so expensive either.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
it's not that I don't have the money, that's not the problem. It's that I have a laptop, and laptop video cards are virtually non-upgradable, and I don't have the money for a new laptop. :) If I could get my hands on a geforce 2go, I could probably upgrade my system without destroying it (as that's the only video card my casing/bios/motherboard/etc. is set up to work with.) However, on top of all the other stuff, they don't sell laptop cards commercially! And the bastards at Dell won't change or send you one it even if you pay them! ARGH!

As for the problem with the grass in OoT, if you are talking about what happens to the paths & other textures that are real close to the ground, that they get all messed up and change as you move, that's an issue with eVoodoo, not Glide64.

On a small side note, why isn't there a Glide64 board?

Clements

Quest 64 runs amazingly on glNintendo64() 0.32beta, better than any other plugin, even Jabo's (colours are messed up) and Glide64 (Slows down on menus more dramatically and the windows don't show up on houses)

Thats another game that is best played with this plugin then! :D

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Clements said:
Quest 64 runs amazingly on glNintendo64() 0.32beta, better than any other plugin, even Jabo's (colours are messed up) and Glide64 (Slows down on menus more dramatically and the windows don't show up on houses)

Thats another game that is best played with this plugin then! :D

Actually Quest64 is 99% perfect in UltraHLE. :)

And GLide64 isn't missing windows. eVoodoo skips them. :flowers:

Velocity 7

nephalim said:
If I could get my hands on a geforce 2go, I could probably upgrade my system

Ha! Then I get to do the G4 dance!

(does the G4 dance) :D

Geforce 4 Go 420 (laptop chip) works quite well with this plugin. Much better than Jabo's, and gets a lot of effects that I never really see. Gotta love the 2xSaI! I also hope that new version comes soon, b/c those framebuffer pics from March 10 look kickass! :p

Oh yeah, some Z-Buffer problems here too like mentioned earlier in the thread. It only happens with level objects though at certain angles (e.g., South Clock Town, when looking at West/North/East doors). Nevertheless, it looks kickass and I think I've finally found a plugin I can stay with for the games I feel are best. :)

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
On a mildly related note, what is it that causes Quest64's text to have those gargantuan pink borders? Now that I think about it, that's the one flaw the game really has in UltraHLE, the text is completely unreadable because it's white lines in large pink blobs... :blush:

Velocity 7

By the way, just noticed that faeries with Geforce 4 Go 420 are still a flat color when targeting objects. Attached is a pic of how it is rendered in glN64 0.3.1: