What's new

Gln64 Slowdowns

Hal

Bartman
Any one besides me experience major slowdowns on orkins gln64? I am using 1964 ver 8.5 on a Radeon 9000.

OP
Hal

Hal

Bartman
Super Smash Bros., Zelda's, pretty much most of them.

Last edited:

dukenukem

lord freiza
Me too on every game with gln640.4.1 it is very slow even without 2xsai and frambuffers.Every version of gln64 is very slow on my system.

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
glN64 isn't as optimized as other plugins, so it is better to use something else if you're below 1GHz.

Sorry...hopefully this will change in the future

Clements

Super Smash Bros. slows down on my system dramatically in 1-Player mode for some reason with glN64() 0.4.1. So, use glN64() 0.3.2b, and you can say farewell to slowdowns in Super Smash Bros. (Hopefully)

With Zelda, I have no problems at all with 1280x1024, and other options all maxed out and 4xAA on top. Nice.

glN64() benefits from more powerful graphics cards as well as the usual raw CPU power for the filtering than most of the other graphics plugins. Make sure you have the very latest drivers for your card. glN64() is quite twitchy about this.

gandalf

Member ready to help
In an AMD Athlon 2200+ with an GeForce 4 onboard (very bad,specially with Opnel GL aplications),no slow downs in Zelda OoT,MM,Mario Golf,etc.All with frame buffer on.A little slow down and a "fliker" in Banjo-Tooie.

Ah,yes,the IDLE slow down a lot,but it´s still at 60 FPS

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Everything runs really fine with 2xsai and all goodies on. I do have one problem though, GLn64 never remembers my preferences. Is there supposed to be an ini, or is it in the registry? Kinda sucks having to star the game>change settings>when done close rom>load a new rom>change settings over and over. :(

:party: