What's new

Glide64 Wonder Plus Released

[vEX]

niechift.com
Category: <b>Nintendo 64</b><br><br>
What's new:
• Fixed many bugs in combiners (mostly for Voodoo 4/5).
• Fixed bug in large textures support, which caused texture distortion in few games, e.g. Yoshi's Story.
• Fixed texrects with zero height.
• Hack, which I used to enable videos in Resident Evil 2, is proved to be useful for some other games to show previously hidden graphics. For example, you now can see race map before race start in LEGO Racers.
• Hardware frame buffer emulation is tweaked to support all effects in Paper Mario. Now this game works almost flawless on Voodoo 4/5. It is recommended to use Mupen for this game with "Get frame buffer info" enabled to get correct background in the main menu (this feature is finally works too).

This release also contains updated version of Hacktarux's glide3x wrapper, which fixes fog problems with latest ATI drivers. Updated versions of special ini files from Federelli and olivieryuyu are included too.

:: Glide64 Official Site
:: Glide64 Wonder Plus

ataribob

Is this the same version

Glide64
Version 0.8 "Wonder"
Developer: Gonetz

I have this one and it's a lot better than all the other plug-ins

The banjo games don't work.
And Project-64 did not like the driver in the Plug-in folder.
When I moved all the Plug-ins into the root they all get picked up in the options:party:

snesmaster40

ataribob said:
Glide64
Version 0.8 "Wonder"
Developer: Gonetz

I have this one and it's a lot better than all the other plug-ins

The banjo games don't work.
And Project-64 did not like the driver in the Plug-in folder.
When I moved all the Plug-ins into the root they all get picked up in the options:party:

This is latest version. I have no idea what your talking about though

ggab

Emutalk Member
latest version is
Glide64 "Wonder Plus", maybe v0.81, or 0.85 :D
(Glide64_WonderPlus.zip , 432KB)

Download it from http://glide64.emuxhaven.net/downloads.php

i have no time to test it yet, but i'm really sure that it rocks (really, thanks a lot Gonetz) ;)

^_^ go glide64 go! :) ^_^

a bit more quote from 11/20/05 Gonetz' news post:
For those people, who wait Glide64 to be ported on other API, I can confirm, that this work is in my future plans, but not in the near future plans. As far as I can do with glide everything I want, everything DirectX plugins can do and even more, I have no personal reasons to do yet-another-DirectX-plugin. All I can do for you now is to release Glide64 sources, so all my know-how are now opened. I tried to make the code cleaner, at least at these parts, which can be useful for other developers. Although, it is still conglomeration of hacks and heuristics someplace :) Latest sources of Hacktarux's glide3x wrapper are released too. They include almost working implementation of texture frame buffer functionality, which is required for hardware frame buffer emulation. If you have OpenGL programming experience, you may try to complete it.

Download new version from the download page. Enjoy!