What's new

Glide64 vs GCC. Need help

H

h4tred

Verified.

From what I seen, GCC 4.3 in Ubuntu is buggy, period.Like, I seen other projects run into problems with the newest GCC.

H

h4tred

Well, tonight I added fullscreen support to the wrapper. And it seems to work great so far.

So, I think the major issues are now fixed. :)

H

h4tred

All thats left now it seems is the GlideHQ issues. Can't say much about them, other then they are just plain weird o.o

KoolSmoky

All thats left now it seems is the GlideHQ issues. Can't say much about them, other then they are just plain weird o.o

Hi :) I'll try to find some time to look into the issue. My bet is that there is something wrong with the newer libpng's. Last time I checked, GlideHQ worked under Linux without a glitch, but that was over half a year ago. Meanwhile, if you have some time, please check bmp texture loading and see if we can isolate this as a png issue? Thanks.

-KoolSmoky

H

h4tred

Coolness. Gonetz is interested in contacting you about the GlideHQ issue, as it seems to be the last issue we have with the current Linux portage (I already ported the fullscreen resolution stuff to Linux using SDL).

At the moment, Gonetz and I are stumped, so any help you can give would be great with this port.

H

h4tred

Nope, BMP textures won't load. Textures won't dump. Only thing that works is the filters/texture caching.

KoolSmoky

Nope, BMP textures won't load. Textures won't dump. Only thing that works is the filters/texture caching.

Thanks for the info. It turns out that this is a case sensitivity issue. The file names' letter case must be used as is dumped by the gfx plugin. It must be one of the following; *_a, *_rgb, *_all, *_allciByRGBA, *_ciByRGBA, *_ci and file extensions must be in lower case letters. I've committed a quick fix to the SVN. No one should screw with the letter case, period. Note that some texture packs completely ignore this, so those packs will not load.

-KoolSmoky

H

h4tred

Excellent, now the Glide64 Napalm Linux port works perfectly.

Last edited: