What's new

Glide64 Napalm Public Release out

mudlord

Banned
Erm, any chance of a source release? I'd love to see a linux version of the plugin.

There is no doubts, in my mind, that the code will be public. All the wrapper and GlideHQ code is public, so the plugin itself should be. You could ask Gonetz about the plugin source to fix up your Linux port.

Just a note, you will hit some snags in the wrapper when porting. I used a Windows specific way to probe for VRAM size. Unless you do it manually, or Linux has mechanisms for doing such a thing, there might be issues.

smcd

I have a problem in pj64 using the configure graphics plugin dialog, under Texture tab. The drop-downs for Filter, Format, and Enhancement are all 0-sized so you can't see the items / click on them. You can still access items clicking in the area then using the up/down arrows.

mmd0ud.png

Legend

I have a problem in pj64 using the configure graphics plugin dialog, under Texture tab. The drop-downs for Filter, Format, and Enhancement are all 0-sized so you can't see the items / click on them. You can still access items clicking in the area then using the up/down arrows.

mmd0ud.png

That's weird. It works perfectly for me and everyone else. I dont' know...

smcd

It had something to do with themes messing up. Notice the border of the window has the XP skin but the controls do not. I managed to reapply themes and such and poof it shows up now.

jdsony

Awesome I'll have to try it out. I love this plugin and started using it a couple months ago for the first time in a long while. I still use Rice when I'm playing widescreen on my TV but stick with Glide on my 4:3 monitor.

FlotsamX

VERY NICE! Many of the problems I had with Jabo's plugin (and the last Glide one) are gone! Doubutsu No Mori still has menu errors, though. But other than that, great!

mudlord

Banned
First of all, port the public Glide64 Wonder Plus HQ source over. Current GlideHQ code is the exact code used in the Napalm release. Same goes for the all-important Glitch64 source, but beware of the COM I used to detect VRAM size.

Then, porting Napalm shall be a breeze.

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Whats so special about Glide64 really?

wth? A viable excuse is because it's good software.

It's special because there's about 6-8 good N64 plug ins, this one included. It holds very special significance with Linux because it's OSS and can be ported to it (and has in past versions)

And of course it's very compatible. This release especially, apparently.

FlotsamX

Even more than Jabo's? I've already found 2 problems with this one, and I didn't find any with Jabo's until I started playing lesser-known games.

Clements

As I said, almost certainly. Jabo's plugin has numerous problems even in popular games, while Glide64 has at least a few of those emulated almost perfectly, and also supports lesser known titles better.

If you are to take Perfect Dark as an example, Jabo's cannot emulate the coronas, IR Scanner, and sky. Glide64 emulates all of these effects. Jabo's doesn't emulate dithered alpha, which is found in many games inc. SM64 and Mario Kart 64. Jabo's doesn't emulate the sky in Goldeneye 007, Glide64 does. Jabo's has numerous issues with Bomberman 64, Glide64 emulates it perfectly. I could go on.

Glide64 can also better for loading Hi-res texture packs due to texture compression and cache options. Glide64 has seen much more development lately.