What's new

Glide64 Napalm Hi-Res Problems

Rodzilla

I'm having problems with Glide64 Napalm on Project 64 1.7.. It's not the plugin, the plugin runs great, it's the hi-res option everyone's talking about. I've tried my own settings, people's personal settings. It doesn't work. With a freak of nature I actually see textures but then it just doesn't work after. For example, in NBA Live '99, I tried making MJ have a 'cyberface'. I dumped a texture, made one, configured the head so it'd be the texture, it works.. for a bit. I then try running Exhibition, bulls vs a team and guess what, his face is the untextured one. I am doing combinations to tweak so it wouldn't conflict with other created players (i.e adding a yellow headband with mustache), I also tried Mudlord's Rice Build and it WORKS! But the models and some of the textures conflict and turn out all buggy-looking.

tl;dr Textures pop up but they also don't show after the first time they're shown, some times they don't even work at all..

Stuff I've done:

Try using other Glide plugins (doesn't work)
Use configurations of my own or other fellow Glide64 users (doesn't work)
Try using other plugins (works sort of, but glitchy textures and buggy GFX is not my road for me)
Changing my directories for textures (works, but as I said in the paragraph, textures don't stay)
Watching Ytube videos (complete waste of time IMO, some are unclear and some just take too long with 'presenting' the help-to guide.)
========================================================================

I want help urgently, if anything might conflict I can post specs (specific PJ64 software, rom info, etc)

OP
R

Rodzilla

I have Project64 2.1 and I tried that version of Glide64. Does that Glide64 have hi-res texture ability? I didn't see it when I had that version, so..

F

Fanatic 64

Yes. You need to put both Glide64.dll and GlideHQ.dll in the Plugin\GFX folder.