What's new

Glide64 0.7 ME SP1 released

Martin

Administrator
I hope you didn't forget about N64 emulation after all these GC and DC releases. :)

<a href=http://www.emutalk.net/member.php?u=124>Hacktarux</a> let us know on IRC that the first SP for Glide64 ME has been released:

<font class=post_quote> The first service pack for Glide64 ME is ready. It includes:

* Improved version of the plugin.
* Updated ini file.
* New version of compatibility list carefully verified and updated by olivieryuyu.
* olivieryuyu's unofficial 1964 rom ini modified specially for Glide64.
* Federelli's unofficial Nemu64 ini modified specially for Glide64.
* Latest version of Hacktarux's glide wrapper. If you have modern video card, this wrapper will help you to feel the real power of Glide64 :)

Many thanks to olivieryuyu, who retested all games, found many new bugs and also found best settings for many games. Some games became playable just after changing the ini file! </font>

Excellent job, Gonetz and Hacktarux! Grab this new release from the <a href=http://www.emuxhaven.net/~glide64/>Glide64 website</a>, or from our <a href=http://www.emulation64.com/downloads.php?section=gpu>GPU plugins</a>.

Clements

This plugin is amazing! Hacktarux's wrapper is awesome and now works fullscreen! :w00t:

Amazing work!

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Had wait the whole time for this... and the nvidia fix for chankast... but this one now uis released! Great...!
And now the nvidia fix please... :p

xamenus

Very nice, but it runs too slowly on my computer. :( Guess it's my sucky Intel video card. :paperbag: Haven't tried eVoodoo yet, though.

/edit: Just tried eVoodoo, and it runs at full speed now. :)

Last edited:

Emu_Lover

All I can say about this N64 GPU plugin is WOW!! The graphics in the games look amazing. 0_0 The only 2 minor problems I've had with the emulator are that 800x600 seems to be the highest resolution I can play at without slowdown and the first day I tried Castlevania Legacy of Darkness it would display the intro but then go black but just the other day I tried it and it worked fine. :huh: Hmm. Anyways except for those 2 things Glide64 is in my opinion the best N64 plugin thus far. Good job. :)

-Shadow-

Banned
Wooow ! You even got hi-res framebuffers that are looking like the direct64 ones o_O

It looks a lil bit lower res with my radeon.... *kickshisradeon*

/edit : 3 shots from Zelda majora's mask ^^

Last edited:

Clements

Still not bug free for me though H3ad5h0tter! :p (See the big black band at the bottom of my screenshot that isn't in your low rez framebuffer shot )

-Shadow-

Banned
Still not bug free for me though H3ad5h0tter! (See the big black band at the bottom of my screenshot that isn't in your low rez framebuffer shot )

I have this bug from time to time , too o_O Last time i could fix it with putting off the use ustom ini setiings . Its a very strange bug IMO...

Emu_Lover

One quick question. Is there an option for turning on fog in Glide64 or is this a known problem with the wrapper? Thanks. Edit: Never mind. It seems the fog works after all. Its just not as much as in Jabo's plugin.

Last edited:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
IceFox38 said:
Very nice, but it runs too slowly on my computer. :( Guess it's my sucky Intel video card. :paperbag: Haven't tried eVoodoo yet, though.

/edit: Just tried eVoodoo, and it runs at full speed now. :)

Yes, it's the Intel video, and you probably can't use 32-bit color, right?
Because you will get an init failure error message if you set the video to 32-bit color. BTW, I won't be surprised at all if you can't even go above 640x480 without major slowness :(. Unfortunately, even Nvidia looks like the king, just like ATI compared to the Intel video :(. Thus time to upgrade the video ASAP!!! ;)

Last edited: