What's new

glide problems

Bremeb

okay, no matter what I set the settings to, when I open paper mario(the rom that causes the most problems) project 64 crashes! is there something I'm doing wrong?

BountyJedi

hmm what card do you use ?

if its a fairly new one you could try hacs wrapper its much better than evoodoo if you've get fairly new cards otherwise perhaps stick to evoodoo

also try messing with some of teh graphics plugins settings and some of evoodoo's settings (if it is desirable for your card to use evoodoo cause its an older card)

OP
B

Bremeb

it's a relativly new card, and I've tryed messing with everything. nothing works. where do I get hacs wrapper?

BountyJedi

it comes with latest glide64 check in on glide64 site and there is a sp1 file or so in there is the newest version of the wrapper.

also have you made sure the wrapper is installed not under plugins folder but under pj64 folder?

OP
B

Bremeb

I've got the newest version, and I have what was in the wrapper folder in the pj64 file, not the plugin, but it still refuses to work.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
BountyJedi said:
you postead about teh same thing in a much shorter way a mintute before me =p
i admire your skill too keep posts short i lack that skill :blush:
Yeah :) (I edited a bit), thanks for your good words but most of my posts are quite long :p

EDIT: Bremeb tell us your PC specs.

Last edited:
OP
B

Bremeb

specs? like I said, I'm a noob at this, but my comp is reletivly new, maybe a little more than a year old.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Did you put the included Glide64 plugin inside the plugins directory of the emulator?
If yes, then update your video card drivers.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
To find out the name of your video card, right click on your desktop and go to : properties/settings, under the word "display" there should be the name of your monitor and video card. After that use google to find the latest drivers for it.

OP
B

Bremeb

okay. that didn't work, so I started using 1964. unfortunately, when I open it, it starts me where you get knocked after the first battle with bowser, really jumpy and glitchy, no hp or fp, no items'cept hammer and boots' and o party members, but all the goombas act like I have goombario. can someone post how I need to configure glide? it's the newest vesion.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Did you place the glide64.ini inside the plugin directory? It's in the zip file that has the plugin and the wrapper.

OP
B

Bremeb

I think so, but I'll try it again
Edit: Nope. I reinstalled it, but it is still glitchy. but it starts at the right spot. What should I configure this to?

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
The default settings are the best... Inside the zip file there are two glide64.ini files (the one is inside the "plugin" directory and the other inside the "wrapper/glide64.ini for old video cards" directory), try both of them. If this doesn't work it may be a problem of your video card or the glide wrapper. Make sure to download the latest drivers for your video card and as a last resort try other video plugins (ex: Rice's video 5.6.0).

Last edited: