What's new

Glide 64 Plug-in Problems

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
weirdwindowh62.png
Just tried, this happens on my desktop too. So you can't blame vista, him, or the emulator. Something is up with this.

Another N00b

So it rly seems to be a plugin bug :O
But it sure is hard to tell what the source of the problem is, since it doesn´t matter which settings one´s using.

KoolSmoky

So it rly seems to be a plugin bug :O
But it sure is hard to tell what the source of the problem is, since it doesn´t matter which settings one´s using.

The first thing you guys should do is run Mudlord's gltest.exe and check your gfx card's capability. You should at least have the IHV's driver installed to exploit full hardware OpenGL capabilities. Check ATI, nVidia, Intel for latest drivers.

Be sure you are using the latest version of Glide64, "Glide64 'Napalm' public release 1.0". Use the files provided in the distribution. Copy glide3x.dll to the same folder where project64.exe is installed. Then copy glide64.dll and glidehq.dll to the plugin folder.

As a rule of thumb, always start from the simplest settings when solving a problem; Check if 640 x 480 windowed mode works (Use the rendering Resolution in the Config tab of the Glide64 setting panel). In the wrapper configuration dialog, only tick "Do not use GLSL combiner" and "Do not use auxiliary buffers". Also disable hi-res textures in the Texture enhancement tab of the Glide64 settings.

If everything is working normally, read the Glide64 hires texture guide at http://www.emuxhaven.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6741 .

You might want to check out the Glide64 message board. There are a bunch of nice people there, too, who will give you a helping hand.

-KoolSmoky

Another N00b

In the wrapper configuration dialog, only tick "Do not use GLSL combiner" and "Do not use auxiliary buffers".

Wow, so that was the problem Oo As i said, i put all the stuff in the right folders and ran the gl test to make sure everything is supported (it is indeed, expect the voodoo only stuff). I also tried every settings expect the ones you mentioned (and ironically these are the keys to the solution lol).

So thank you very much and pls excuse my stupidity ^^

edit: well not rly (@problem), it seems to be the resolution... but how do i get it to work with 1152x864 (window mode)?

Last edited:

KoolSmoky

Wow, so that was the problem Oo As i said, i put all the stuff in the right folders and ran the gl test to make sure everything is supported (it is indeed, expect the voodoo only stuff). I also tried every settings expect the ones you mentioned (and ironically these are the keys to the solution lol).

So thank you very much and pls excuse my stupidity ^^

edit: well not rly (@problem), it seems to be the resolution... but how do i get it to work with 1152x864 (window mode)?

It looks like the glide wrapper included in the Glide64 'Napalm' public release 1.0 is missing support for the following windowed and fullscreen modes;
1152x864, 1280x960, 1600x1024, 1792x1344, 1856x1392, 1920x1440, 2048x1536, 2048x2048. They will be added in the next release. Thanks for bringing this to attention. Please address futher bug reports to the Glide64 developers at the Glide64 message boards. http://glide64.emuxhaven.net

-KoolSmoky

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Aha! I knew it wasn't a problem with graphics cards, since it happens with his GeForce 8600 and my outdated Radeon. It was odd though, it would work in fullscreen, but it would keep my desktop's resolution and put the emulator in the top-left corner. I guess it makes sense that it's a wrapper plugin then.

Also, I tried Perfect Dark, it looks real good with those halos on the lights. If only my Radeon were good enough to not slow down during framebuffer effects... Oh well, getting newer GeForce soon!

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Using a driver which supports only two gfx cards of the 200 series seems... kinda pointless to me. Other plugins work fine, expect the ones with hq texture support. Mudlord´s 6.1.4 has shading/texture issues no matter which settings i use and rice 6.1.1 b10 doesn´t work at all. Would be awesome if jabo´s d3D had the hq texture feature, since it´s the only plugin that doesn´t cause any heavy problems.

its only pointless to a noob, the GTX drivers require inf modding to install on older cards, however, the 177 drivers have had portions completely rewritten to fix support for games which have been broken since the Geforce 8 series released

Another N00b

What do you expect (yeah, i am a nood ^^)? If I had the knowledge you have i probably wouldn´t ask for help. ^^ i´m one of the ppl who take the stuff they are given :O if nvidia itself can´t develop a driver that fixes old bugs and still works on older cards (without editing stuff), then i sadly have to live with it, like many others. :/

Well i´m glad it is just a wrapper bug. And tbh, the resolutions i tried were 1152x864 and above, because playing 3D games on like 800x600 kinda sux (at least an a 19").
It works great on 1024x768, without any gfx issues, so i hope the wrapper will be fixed soon.

A.I.

Banned
Yes Glide64 Napalm still supports texture replacement, like GlideHQ. To make it work, you may have messed something up, so let's start from the very beginning:

1. Go to the folder where you installed Project64 (usually C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6).

2. Re-download Glide64 Napalm from here:
http://glide64.emuxhaven.net/files/Glide64_Napalm_PR1.zip

3. OK while you have that zip file opened up, double-click the "wrapper" folder. Click glide3x.dll and drag it into the folder where Project64 is installed.

4. Now open up Project64's Plugin folder.

5. Go back to the zip file that I gave you, and go to the home folder of it (you are in the wrapper folder. you need to go back one).

6. Double-click the zip file's Plugin folder. Click and drag everything from there into Project64's Plugin folder.

7. Close the zip file and open Project64 now.

8. In Project64, go to Options --> Settings.

9. Choose Glide64 'Napalm' Public Release as the Video (graphics) plugin.

10. Click OK. Now go to Options --> Configure Graphics Plugin.

11. Click the Texture Enhancement tab up at the top. On the right, under "Hi-resolution Textures", the first thing you will see is Format. On the text box to the right of that, choose Rice Format.

12. Click OK again, and you are done. :) Texture enhancement should work now.

Oh, I forgot I posted in this thread! Thanks X-fi6! I only forgot to format Rice and wow it looks awesome! :drool: