What's new

Getting tired of Echeleon Intro

Heinster

With many games there are other choices then the Echelon rips but some games are nearly impossible to fin and when you finally have them..... ECHELON itro of DOOM.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have tennis2k2 and bomberman online both infected but the Echintro..... You don't wanna know how long it took me to get bomberman T_T

Phreaky

Phreaky Shat
Unfortunately the majority of them are a bitch to remove aswell. Although, if they do eventually get fixed in Chankast you do have the added bonus of a trainer on some of them (If thats what floats your boat)

~P

holymoz

do you know a secure way to remove this intro? I read the apposite thread but I don't understand how to modify the 1stread.bin, I used the hex workshop but I don't find the 0x000f thing.

OP
Heinster

Heinster

Phreaky said:
Unfortunately the majority of them are a bitch to remove aswell. Although, if they do eventually get fixed in Chankast you do have the added bonus of a trainer on some of them (If thats what floats your boat)

~P

I'm a REAL gamer... That makes me hate trainers ;).... Only cheat I wanted is how to get extra levels and characters and hidden goodies that expend the game... Not the ones that help me beat the games :p

Johann

Chankast rocks ^^
You can remove the echelon intro. I still haven't tried it, tho.

Some people may wish to remove the Echelon intro for one reason or another, a major one being that the intro sometimes screws up the sound/music initialization in their rip of Unreal Tournament (making it emit a nasty screeching sound until a game is started).
(Following example applies to DOA2LE. You can use a similar method for the other games, but the file size will be different.)

1. Extract the 1ST_READ.BIN file from the CDI or your CD.
2. Fire up your hex-editor (I like HEdit or Hex Workshop) and open 1ST_READ.BIN, go to offset 0xF0000 and copy the Hex all the way to 983040 (the end).
3. Make a new file 1929928 bytes large, and paste the contents of the clipboard into it.
4. Save the file, and place it into a directory (ie, C:\SELFBOOTDOA2LE), and extract the data from the CD or the CDI file into that directory as well. Now just follow ECHELON's self-boot tutorial and re-image the CD.

Source: DreamFAQ @ Megagames

Last edited:

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
rcgamer said:
that only works on two maybe three games, doa2le , virtua strikers 2.

add record of lodoss war, if you delete the 1st_read.bin and rename the 1nosdc.bin file to 1st_read.bin it work...

rcgamer

the old guy
ssj4v said:
have any idea if it will work with virtua tennis 2k2?

NO. It wont. as i said in a previous post(in another of the many threads about this) i have looked at this game in particular pretty extensively. even replacing the 1s read file with the original wont work. the only way its going to get fixed is if echelon(or another coder) makes some kind of removal tool or chankast emulates more of the dreamcast( over time ). with many of the games its not just the intro, there is a compression method that they used to get the entire game on the cd (without ripping anything)
and yes refraction that is another way to go.

Last edited:

Statique

Echelon spent time and energy to make these games available to you and you criticise them for wanting to give credit to the people who made the rip possible? How difficult is it to press a button on the pad? Live with it, please.

rcgamer

the old guy
press a button on the pad???? who are you talking to?
this isnt about playing them on a real dc, its about playing them with chankast. you cant simply push a button with chankast, it doesnt support the intro and/or the compression method echelon used.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I have Sonic Adventure 2 with an Echelon intro, it boots fine, though I dont think its patched to fix the game error, i've never had a problem booting Echelon's games.

MindMasher

I think this fixes intro problems:

Download: http://gba.ouroad.org/misc_download/1087097712_FastBoot.rar

Unzip this to any directory.
The binhack exe will be in that dir, and the DATA directory reffered to along the way as well.

Here's the steps:

1) Copy original .cdi contents (NOTE: contents) into DATA directory.

2) Find ip.bin, 1st_read.bin somewhere and run binhack on them.
To run binhack, double click binhack.exe, and then input

1ST_READ.BIN
IP.BIN

3) Copy ip.bin, 1st_read.bin to DATA directory.

4) Run b2b_game.bat

5) Use Daemon Tools 3.29 (NOTE: 3.29, not 3.46 or else it won't work) to emulate image.cdi

6) Enjoy the game....

See original thread (I used this to make sf3:3s/mvsc2 etc workable):
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=21191&page=3&pp=15

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
omg that great, but you left out the most important part. you have to edit the 1st read. bin like i already said , or find one that is . and again it only works ontwo games.

IceFlow2

MindMasher said:

1ST_READ.BIN
IP.BIN

I dont understand how to run binhack.exe on them, I typed the input you mentioned but I'm not sure what it did or how it could find 1ST_READ and IP.bin with out any kind of directory to follow. How does it know exactly where those 2 files are located?

editOK so it goes in the DATA folder that comes with the package not the one created by the user following ECHELON's self booting guide.

I've run intro another question: What if an image's data is contained in 2 or more directories ie. folders?
Do I put all the data into the single DATA folder or do I leave it in its original structure?

Last edited:

Harlay

MindMasher said:

Download: http://gba.ouroad.org/misc_download/1087097712_FastBoot.rar

Unzip this to any directory.
The binhack exe will be in that dir, and the DATA directory reffered to along the way as well.

Here's the steps:

1) Copy original .cdi contents (NOTE: contents) into DATA directory.

1ST_READ.BIN
IP.BIN

3) Copy ip.bin, 1st_read.bin to DATA directory.

4) Run b2b_game.bat

5) Use Daemon Tools 3.29 (NOTE: 3.29, not 3.46 or else it won't work) to emulate image.cdi

6) Enjoy the game....

See original thread (I used this to make sf3:3s/mvsc2 etc workable):
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=21191&page=3&pp=15
it's only making selfboot image. it's not help for echeleon intro.