What's new

Getting Project 64 running great

Keitaro

Hi, i have a geforce 2 mx 400, 256mb of ram and a soundblaster 128. i was wondering what are the best plugins i should use to get some games running good, for example im trying to get the two zelda games and conker's bad fur day to run normal. the audio sounds rather choppy. i just really need a good audio and video plugin to stop this from happening.

OP
K

Keitaro

Trotterwatch said:
You've missed out perhaps the most important part of your specs - the CPU. What speed CPU have you got?

sorry about that, i knew i forgot one. it must be because im tired its quite late where i am. its a crappy celeron 700. my pc needs an overhaul in the upgrade department. :)

L

Lachp30

You should probably stay with the defult PJ64 settings, but have a look at the PJ64 FAQ Database for more info on settings for games.:)

OP
K

Keitaro

Lachp30 said:
You should probably stay with the defult PJ64 settings, but have a look at the PJ64 FAQ Database for more info on settings for games.:)

i cant seem to find the information on the faq. is this the one i should be looking at http://support.pj64.net/faq/ ?

i cant seem to find the pj64 user manual it keeps mentioning in the faq either.

Last edited:
OP
K

Keitaro

well ive gotten the games to run preety fast and smooth. the only thing dodgy right now is the sound, its really jumpy and jerky. im using jabo's directsound 1.40. can anyone recommend me a really good one that doesn't do this and use less processing power if possible?

supergamer

Banned
Use Azimer's audio plugin for audio. It's very good if you have a computer with <800 mhz (or <900 mhz with AMD).

Emu&Co

Fuggin Retro Fan
What about the GFX Plugin?
Have you tried Jabo's Direct3D 1.40 - 1.5?
If yes: Switch on "Display List Culling"
Geomety Transforms: External
Texture Format: 16 bpp
Switch off "Texture filtering" and "Fog"
AND: Use 640x480 only!

OP
K

Keitaro

im still getting the problems, ive even ticked audio lists to audio plugin in the rsp menu and im also using the azimers audio v0.30 (old driver) because i heard its helped people with the same problem as me. the video plugin im using which is the fastest imo is direct 3d7 1.40. anyways i hope this little information helps. thanks for all the help so far everybody. :)

supergamer

Banned
This is my (meanwhile legendary) answer: Go to the control panel. Choose multimedia and choose at playback "none". The audio will be a a lot better!

OP
K

Keitaro

btw i was wondering what was RSP code simulation and if so is it a good idea to change its settings to something else preferbly to something faster. does anyone have any ideas, its in the Jabo Direct3D7 1.40 options under emulation?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Leave RSP code simulation alone. This differs from game to game, and only one is right. If you change to wrong, the emulator will likely crash.

tyrex

zelda

hi
my zelda first running great(fps is about 70). but now the fps is recuced to 20/30. how come and how to fix?plz help me:cry:

tyrex

ok:
AMD duron 1.3 Ghz
standard GeForce2 MX400 64Mb AGP
HDD 40Gb 7200 rpm IDE ATA 100
DDRAM 256Mb PC2100 266
Jetway V266B SDR/DDR socket A
windows xp
is this enough? ehh.. actually i am not a expert if it comes to PC-stuff.:blush:
i try to cancel the limiting fps-mode, not helping.

Last edited:

supergamer

Banned
Maybe you have chosen another plugin. Jabo's direct3d7 1.40 is faster than Jabo's direct3d6 1.5 or maybe you've chosen a higher screen resolution.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
supergamer said:
Maybe you have chosen another plugin. Jabo's direct3d7 1.40 is faster than Jabo's direct3d6 1.5 or maybe you've chosen a higher screen resolution.
Super gamer!! Argh!!!
Stop posting about things you don't know! Jabo's 1.5 isn't slower than 1.4. It's either a little faster or equal in speed.