What's new

Getting dulled screenshots.

Shusuke

Raspberries, man.
Recently, I've been having issues with the quality of the screenshots yielded by Project 64. I've been using the application for a lengthy stint of time--and the quality has always been superb when it comes to image capturing--but, whether it be due my unnecessary tampering or otherwise, the sharpness of any screenshots I've taken has been discernibly reduced in recent days.

The games look razor-sharp when I'm playing them, but the captured image looks like a somewhat compressed JPEG, even though the file is recorded as a Bitmap Image. There's an odd impression of graininess and subduing of colour that contrasts with older screenshots I acquired through PJ64, too; and further tampering with the options hasn't helped ameliorate the loss of sharpness and vividness.

I'm presently using Project 64, version 1.6. Any advice on how to restore the quality of the images would be strongly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

OP
S

Shusuke

Raspberries, man.
I see; so it might be an operating system switch, then? I'm using Windows Vista now, whereas before I was using Windows XP.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
if its using the windows imaging api to save the bmp, there is a loss of quality on both 7 and Vista.

the same loss should not occur if you save with fraps, in png format, and edit/save it to jpg/bmp in pdn.