What's new

Gentoo

Lex

Eagle said:
well I tried Juk but keep in mind Im familliar with Winamp, and the audio doesnt sound any better or worse, so XMMS is perfect because it looks just like Winamp. I think now that I have it installed I need to update world cause a lot came out while I was installing. I have Gentoo 2004.0 but the new KDE came out and the new xfree came out.
Use the alsa output plugin in xmms if you use alsa ofcourse :p, for the best sound quality.

Lex

Slougi said:
No in kde use the arts output plugin, and mad input.
If i use the arts plugin in kde the sound has a latency of ~ 1 second and no it is not the buffer, with the alsa plugin everything is just fine.

Last edited:

Slougi

Lex said:
If i use the arts plugin in kde the sound has a latency of ~ 1 second and no it is not the buffer with the alsa plugin everything is just fine.

You can set sound buffering of arts in the control panel. I have it at 8 milliseconds.

Lex

Slougi said:
You can set sound buffering of arts in the control panel. I have it at 8 milliseconds.
Thanks that took out the latency but now the sound chops from time to time, i think i'll stick with the alsa-output

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
Eagle said:
Its all coming together now, Ive emerged Xfree, KDE, Firefox, Gaim, TVtime, and a game that I got addicted in to knoppix while I was waiting on the bootstrap phase called Enigma. Anyone want to reccomend a good replacement for Winamp?

The only problems Im having now is an error loading emu10k1 (the one I emerged, not the kernel built in module) but I think I'm going to remove OSS support and set up ALSA anyway.

hmm how did you got your tvcard working proper =|?