What's new

General framerate drop in v. 1.5.....

firestarter

Mahoukenshi Master!
(Note that I've checked most places for info)
As of late, I've noticed a general framerate performance drop in v. 1.5. Most NTSC games are running at 20-40 fps, PAL running at 20-30 fps. I've used all available graphics plugins, often with the same result I used to be running at 50-60 fps. Anyone can help here?
Here's the key specs:
Intel PIII 733e
128 megs 133 SDRAM
OEM GeForce2 GTS card (Drivers: Detanator v. 4.13.01.3082)
DirectX 8.1?

Clements

Weird... made any major hardware or software changes? Maybe you could switch to 1964 to see if that makes a difference, as you seem to have all the latest drivers, and use Jabos D3D6 1.5 as it is very fast, or Glide64 and eVoodoo is also fast. Use Azimers audio plugins to boost speed in both 1964 and PJ64.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Jabo's plugin is not very fast. If any plugin is fast, i think it's icepir's plugin. Worth checking out! :happy: And not to forget rice's plugin, either! :teehee:

Clements

Must be my graphics card, as I can get Jabos running a full 40fps faster than any other plugin. Just experiment with all the plugins and see which one your computer agrees with most :)

OP
firestarter

firestarter

Mahoukenshi Master!
Clements said:
Weird... made any major hardware or software changes? Maybe you could switch to 1964 to see if that makes a difference, as you seem to have all the latest drivers, and use Jabos D3D6 1.5 as it is very fast, or Glide64 and eVoodoo is also fast. Use Azimers audio plugins to boost speed in both 1964 and PJ64.

I'll try 1964....but otherwise, I dunno. And actually, I have been trying the Daedulus and OGL plugins...and I did update to the latest drivers last night (no effect), and I haven't done any major changes to the hardware lately.

Last edited:
OP
firestarter

firestarter

Mahoukenshi Master!
UPDATE: 1964 goes much faster than PJ64. Much faster. I need a frame limiter on it....anyone know how?