What's new

gcm's!? iso!?!? help!

partnerintime12

im a noob at this stuff, could someone please explain breifly? i pretty much read the whole dolphin-emu.com page, is there a Q&A place in this site?

BlueFalcon7

well at least you didnt ask where to get isos. Unfortunately we cant tell you, and you cant ask. Or else it will result in a ban. So just ask around with your friends, read the rules, and keep in mind that the dolphin is a slow emulator. Its not meant for playing games, unless you like homebrew and Bust a Move 3000. Otherwise it is slow.

OP
P

partnerintime12

wait, i think i get it, u need to download (or whatever) said GC-isos to play a game on Dolphin? i thought the games were included with dolphin. call me an idiot, i suck at computers

Sercio

no !!
Downloading Gamecubesgames are illegal and will not supportet by this forum!
If you want Gamecubegames then rip them with your own game!
Dont ask how!!!

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
It be illegal to bundle emulators with commercial games. Even someone with half a brain understands this.

Toasty

Sony battery
It would also be impractical considering the time and bandwidth needed to distribute files of that size.

Knuckles

Sercio said:
no !!
Downloading Gamecubesgames are illegal and will not supportet by this forum!
If you want Gamecubegames then rip them with your own game!
Dont ask how!!!

You are starting to piss me off with that, 90% of your posts are the same crap

mariokart64n

You guys are like babies, wtf!? your like fighting each other over an easy anwserable question.

lets break down the question....
partnerintime12 said:
im a noob at this stuff, could someone please explain breifly? i pretty much read the whole dolphin-emu.com page, is there a Q&A place in this site?

?he has no idea what gcm or iso are to run dolphin. .. i think?

gcm (or) iso's are the same thing, they are images or data mirrored off a retail disc gamecube game disc.. these use to be called ROM's in the snes days. and like the snes games.. there not free. and there illeal to download if you do not own a retail copy. one of the laws suggest you are allowed 1 backup of any owned software. so your free to use your gamecube to rip your own ISO or GCM files. you are not allowed to share, or upload these with anyone else.. the big thing here is to staying NOT sued.. so thats why people don't prefer to take n00bs lipping iso seriously.. they only lead to trouble.. like you could be an FBI agent in disgise, trying to hunt down piraters..and it happens.. so be carrfuly.

anyway go here do some reading,,... hopfully your supporting nintendo and own both an offical gamecube, and a gamecube game, to which you may wish to rip.
http://modthatcube.pxn-os.com/main.htm

hope that helps ;)

Sc(+)pe

hey, are homebrew games demos? Cause the demos are legal to download right cause its just a demo, so is it still bad where to get a demo game for dolphin?

Toasty

Sony battery
Just because you can receive a demo for free doesn't mean you are free to distribute it, or download it from an unauthorized source. Copyright law applies despite the price of the copyrighted content. Homebrew games are games or programs that are produced by consumers on proprietary game platforms, to partially quote the Wikipedia description.