What's new

GC Backyard Baseball

morpheusx

hello everyone,i always knew that there was GC emu's but i was'nt interested until recently,i was busy with the Dreamcast emu "chankast" now that i got that working perfect,or so to speak,being that it's in alpha stages,i'm looking for a new challenge.

Dolphin is the emu of choice,says a friend that put me on to it,so here i am with my very first inquiry.

I downloaded Dolphin,setup the plugins and i tried to rename the backyard baseball iso to .gcm,i did that but when i try to load the 1.35gb iso with the open button,Dolphin does'nt see the iso,so i just chose "open all files" and clicked on it,in the Dolphin banner it displays the iso as"m3-bybb.gcm.iso" i renamed it to .gcm as i thought this is what i was suppost to do,but Dolphin sees it as "m3-bybb.gcm.iso"???anyway,after that,Dolphin seems to be loading the iso or .gcm file,then after a min,Dolphine crashes and i get the winxp error messages saying it has to be closed.
I also have to keep configuring Dolphin each time i start it up,what's that about?

any answers or solutions will be very welcomed :0)

Last edited:

Knuckles

if you see .gcm.iso, it might be because your windows is set to hide know extensions, so even if you rename, iso a know format to is won't show it. Go in start -> Control Panel -> Folder options. Click on the view tab and uncheck the option "Hide extensions for know files types". The you will be able to change the extention of any files.

OP
morpheusx

morpheusx

Knuckles said:
if you see .gcm.iso, it might be because your windows is set to hide know extensions, so even if you rename, iso a know format to is won't show it. Go in start -> Control Panel -> Folder options. Click on the view tab and uncheck the option "Hide extensions for know files types". The you will be able to change the extention of any files.

ok,i'll do that right now,will post my results in a minute,brb

OP
morpheusx

morpheusx

Knuckles said:
ok,i did what you instructed knuckles,now how would i go about renaming the iso to gcm ext.???

OP
morpheusx

morpheusx

Knuckles said:

m3-bybb.gcm this is the file name now and windows does'nt see it as a iso anymore,just a binary file i guess,now when i configure the plugins,choose a gcm directory wich is C:\DolphinTeaser\gcm's with the Backyard Baseball gcm image,Dolphin loads for a few seconds this time and just crashes,before it just opens up,only when i tried to click open and choose the once was "iso" that i renamed to "gcm" it then crashed after about 1 min of loading,hmmm dunno if this is a step back or forward,i'll keep at it,i know i'll get it working with your help and the friendly people on this forum.

:happy: