What's new

GameStop and EBGames merging

smcd

Gamestop usually has cheaper prices from my experience. Call of Duty for example, was $15 @ Gamestop but $30 everywhere else still.

Eagle

aka Alshain
sethmcdoogle said:
Gamestop usually has cheaper prices from my experience. Call of Duty for example, was $15 @ Gamestop but $30 everywhere else still.

They merged a long time ago down here.

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
For good or bad, Wal Mart will still control the game retail industry. EB and GameStop combined would make up 25% of it in the U.S. where Wal Mart already has what, maybe 40%? I heard 50 somewhere... but that seems a bit excessive.

smegforbrain

GameStop and EB both are more into it for the used games than retail, for a great many titles.

Sure, Wal-Mart is as much of a cancer as Starbucks, but Wal-Mart's selection is still relatively small (same goes for K-Mart, Target, etc).

Eagle

aka Alshain
ShizZie said:
For good or bad, Wal Mart will still control the game retail industry. EB and GameStop combined would make up 25% of it in the U.S. where Wal Mart already has what, maybe 40%? I heard 50 somewhere... but that seems a bit excessive.

Wal-Mart? They have one of the smallest selections I know of. The super center here carries maybe 10 current titles at a time and the rest is old stuff. Best Buy has at least 50 current titles. Definately one of the biggest there.

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
It's not about carrying games, it's because just about everybody lives near a wal mart, and goes in them often. And generaly, wal mart game deals are pretty good. (Meaning rarely are they the expensivest carrier of a game).