What's new

GameCube l33tness

Raging Fuel said:
I suppose most of the people that like Nintendo are actually into gaming because of the games, and not because there is an ad for it on TV, and therefore know their shit;)

And have probably been into games quite a while too, sony have the 10 year old market sown up.. ninty have the baby to toddle market, and some of the mid to late teen market too

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Raging Fuel said:
I suppose most of the people that like Nintendo are actually into gaming because of the games, and not because there is an ad for it on TV, and therefore know their shit;)

Heh? And what the f*** do you mean by that, that if a dude plays anything that isn`t Nintendo, than he doesn`t know crap in games?

bodie

nothing like a console debate to open up a can of worms ..whatever system someone chooses is their preference and as long as that person is happy with 'said' choice then that's good
i personally wouldn't mind all of them
regards bodie :)

RatTrap

GODLIKE
yes.. and it's the main reason i believe the GC has nothing to fear from the competition.. even the PS2 is abit like the X-Box.. it's like.. in between the X-Box and the GC.. i think i'll get me an X-Box one day.. but i'm sure i'll never need to buy games for it.. coz i bet i'll use it to play PJ64 X-box version :p..

sk8bloke22

roll for life
played all 3. xbox has the worst controller and look ive eva experienced. its soo bulky, and the buttons are utter shit. the cube easily has the best controller (omg its good for tony hawks 3). halo and DOA3 look fucking incredible. theres no denying it. when i played DOA3, Smash Brothers:Melee was being directly under it, and i know its a bad comaprison, the gfx looked awful on the gamecube, even though they werent, as the xbox gfx were sooooo good.

but the cube is the best but will probably do the worst. ps2 is pretty close, but will be most successful, and is definitely more worthwhile due to the fact that its also a PS1, and has a much bigger library. but the Xbox, im not sure, itll probably be successful. when u see how big it is, it makes u wonder, it just looks like a flashy desktop case (the case which aint a tower, forgotten its name), and when its opened up, it looks like a normal pc. so all i need is a geforce 3, and someone to work out how to get those games to work on a pc

:devil:

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
In that case you would need a kind of an OS that only ran the game, or it would be very laggy...

TheWizard112

gamecube rules!!

Hi everyone. I have noticed that noone has yet to mention a very important aspect of gaming: multiplayer!! i know that xbox will have online support to play over the net and all, but i have seen absolutely nothing fun for it in terms of multiplayer. Nintendo on the other hand has always kicked everyone elses ass in terms of multiplayer game with releases like mariokart, goldeneye, conkers bad fur day and super smash brothers. sony.... well.... i personally have yet to see a game released for the psx or ps2 that i have liked. not a single one.

Now as for xbox vs gamecube, xbox is slightly superior in terms of graphics, but remember its the gameplay and the games that truly make the system, and xbox does not yet have any hard core titles that will blow people away like "the legend of zelda" series or anything like that. now the cube in terms of graphics looks awesome!! the xbox does have better graphics, but unless it starts putting out some truly killer games (it has a few games thus far that a lot of people like, nothing i have liked yet though), i dont think it will last very long.

i have played all 3 systems, all the games that are available for the xbox and gamecube i have played, and if xbox starts making better games in the future then what they have so far then i might buy one. i will most definitely be buying a gamecube though!! if things keep going the way they are so far, then i personally see the gamecube being the dominant system 2 years from now. i see sony as being a room mate with sega in "the poor house" 2 years from now.well, thats all. sorry for making this so long.

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
Oleg Zaks said:

Heh? And what the f*** do you mean by that, that if a dude plays anything that isn`t Nintendo, than he doesn`t know crap in games?

I was wondering if someone would prove Smiff right by replying like that. Don't take what I said so seriously. That's why there was a ';)'

flow``

flow``
screw that netplay.. dc has netplay (supposedly) but has anyone ever tried it or continued to use it

the ps2, xbox, and gc do also but its pointless...

its good for lans i suppose, but for it to be an actual netplay the pc will always rule in terms of online gaming w/ chat and actual interaction along with the gaming itself

OP
zeus

zeus

That couldn´t be more true, the world isn´t ready for netplay yet and still some companys, if not all, are trying to give the consumers an amazing experince w/ netplay but since most games doesn´t support netplay, and I have never seen or heard of anyone using it, I guess there is no need for it. The xbox will probaly allow this type of person-to-person communication but only the true entusiasts will use it, hopefully nobody.;)

And we all know that the dc is the catch of the year cos it´s cheap, esp. in the us, and has many great titles.:D

Has anyone tried to use a ntsc dc on a pal tv with pal games, first a 230>110v adapter must be used but what else do I need to make it work like a pal dc on my pal telly. The tv I´m currently using has S-video input, when using it with pal systems the screen becomes black and white, does this mather. I think that the same problem happpens when playing imported games, ntsc, on an pal tv or a pal console.

Last edited:

blizz

Most modern TV's support both Pal and NTSC, if the display is in black and white then you need to get a device to reduce the 60Hz refresh of NTSC down to 50Hz of pal, or get a VGA box so that you can plug you're DC into your PC monitor and then you can play the games on your monitor

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
Oleg Zaks said:

Aboout 3 days now, since I got the X-box and the games.

And what do you think of it? As good as it was supposed to be? I originally thought it was going to be these big outdoor areas, but from what I've seen and heard there isn't much of that. Is that true?

Damn Australia, not getting next-gen systems til next year :(

blizz

Raging Fuel said:

And what do you think of it? As good as it was supposed to be? I originally thought it was going to be these big outdoor areas, but from what I've seen and heard there isn't much of that. Is that true?

I found Halo to be pretty much a standard FPS beneath the polish it carries. I'm not a great fan of FPS though.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
It is rather good. Halo has a very nice AI in it, but the biggest thing in it are the graphics, they are awesome. Great lighting, and a nice use of FSAA. Great fps too. I also have DOA3, which essentially plays a lot like DOA2, but that`s not really a bad thing imho, since I liked it too. But the graphics in most of the games is unbelievable, a specially DOA3. I have Gotham street racing as well, but i`m not into driving games, so I haven`t played it much. It has great car models though, and very big environments.
The main drawback are the controllers, hard to get used to... But it gets really comfortable after a while, a specially for Halo.

Oh, and we don`t have X-boxes in Israel either, my girlfriend returned from a trip in the USA a few days ago, and I asked her to get me one...

Last edited:
flow`` said:
screw that netplay.. dc has netplay (supposedly) but has anyone ever tried it or continued to use it

yeah the quake 3 on the dc with mouse and keyboard was excellent!!! seriously, its better than the internet servers with my 56k!!

sk8bloke22

roll for life
nope, i definitely hate the xbox. played it again today. doa2 looked so good (i mean the crowd in the level with the cage, etc) , but in my opinion, metal gear solid 2, which was on the tv set underneath, was years more impressive. oh and played monkey ball on the gamecube, and it sooooooooooo good.