What's new

GameCube controller and PJ64 question

spotanjo3

I know about usb adapter to PC for those many controllers and I choosen GameCube.

Is GameCube controller compatible with PJ64 ? How ?
The reason I ask is because nintendo 64 controller have four "C buttons", but GameCube have yellow "C" stick. Will the gamecube's yellow "C' stick work like Nintendo 64 controller's four "C buttons" for many n64 games ?

What about "Z" trigger for nintendo game cube ? Will it work like Nintendo 64's controller's "Z trigger" for most nintendo games?? Can you answer those two questions ? Thanks in advance.

Toasty

Sony battery
AFAIK, the GC controller will be seen as a joystick by Windows and then you can map functions from the GC controller to the PJ64 controls however you please, just as you would with any other joystick.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Toasty is correct, All the buttons are mappable. This would be the case of any josystick and/or adapter.

metsfan

I also have the gamecube adapter and i also ran into some problems with pj64

The biggest problems I had were mapping the c stick and the L and R buttons. Because the L and R buttons are analog, they are considered axes by PJ64 rather than buttons. The best solution I found was a program called JoyToKey (just google it). It works great.

the master 123

The gamecube l and r button also click for a button like interface in gamecube game use this for like closing the x-wing in rogue syrtantion 2 I don't know but maybe it will be detected as a button that can be mapped try hit it all that way at game controller to see as I'm not sure